SearchSearch 

This one has got to have the most best sound

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hey,

I would like to have a soundset with the most realistic sounds for a jet e.g 737 or 747 etc.. It can be for any aircraft but i would love to hear the loud roar on takeoff especially - i have tried most sounds at avsim but none capture the REAL ROAR in takeoff!!! 😞

If anyone has any decent soundsets for any jet i would be soo pleased - im desperate 😀

Thanks

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain

Do you have a jet of you're own - if so what soundset do you people use?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Do you have a jet of you're own - if so what soundset do you people use?

Im a prop man my friend so you have to wait for someone who is familiar with jets...and there are a lot of Jet-guys here. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ah Ok GM - thanks - by the way what do you think of the new Spartan?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If you goto avsim or flightsim and use the search engine for 737 (or any other aircraft) under 2004 sounds you will find 100s
Generally the bigger the sound file the more realistic it is going to be
One of my sound sets is nearly 40mbs 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Ah Ok GM - thanks - by the way what do you think of the new Spartan?

Its a great and very good looking craft.Everyone must have it and spend some flight time on it.
Speedy with great sound and great panel.If you dont have it you should give it a try. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes I downloaded a couple of nights back and have flown it once. It is a really nice aircraft to fly.

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

SteveT, here's a link
to a download and demo of alot of different engine sounds on take off ect, you could choose your favourite, and download from Greekman's link.
🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hey,

I would like to have a soundset with the most realistic sounds for a jet e.g 737 or 747 etc.. It can be for any aircraft but i would love to hear the loud roar on takeoff especially - i have tried most sounds at avsim but none capture the REAL ROAR in takeoff!!! 😞

If anyone has any decent soundsets for any jet i would be soo pleased - im desperate 😀

Thanks

You might have tried most at avsim -- but I doubt you've tried this one ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004snds&DLID=47148

After searching for a long time I now am using this set in all of my B747-200s.

...but after creating this soundset I can honestly tell you that this...
...is my most realistic soundset to date. Try taking off in tower view with the speakers turned up,
it will knock your socks off!!

Above is a part of the readme file. I can assure you, the guy is not kidding!!! Fear

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i downloaded a tupolov 154 (or ilushyn [can't spell, won't try]??) that came with sounds from avsim.ruif you are familier with the russian alphabet you'll find it. just search for '154'

that had a miiiiighty engine noise when taking off, i was very surprised!