Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Could it be the end of my PC?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

My PC has been making some really stange scratching noises lately. Why and how can I fix this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

If this noise coming from your HD the end is close Crying or Very sad (the end of the HD of course ,not systems Exclamation )In this case take care of your favorite files(back up)

Although i could suggest to open case end check your Fans (CPU,VGA,PS)just in case a small piece of rubbish has stack there.If you do this ,clean them up anyway.

Try to find out from where you get that noise and let us know. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Shocked Check all fans as GM said
If the noise is the H/D (look for the H/D light on the front of your case)then it could be telling you its about to die

Look closley at the fans and listen(they may be spinning,but not as fast as they should)
AND DONT EVEN THINK OF OILING THEM, REPLACE

Fans are cheap,as are harddrives
Back up all you need to CD/DVD

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

It is mostly the fan. At the front end of most PC's R a hidden fan. The access is not easy but U can unplug the power for a minute and sea if your noise had bean reduced. U may put your finger for a minute on the CPU fan and see what effect U got

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Sorry for the late reply but I've checked the PC out and it seems to be the hard dirve. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

Sorry for the late reply but I've checked the PC out and it seems to be the hard dirve. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Im very sorry to hear this dear JVD,but from the other side i prefer it than a problem to your MOBO or your CPU.
Unfortunatly the Hard Drives is an expendable part of our systems.Sometime the end comes. Crying or Very sad

Back up your neccesary files before it totally ends. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Yep GM is right again
Hard drives do give up
But hard drives are now very cheap and very easy to fit Thumbs Up!

You could still use the "old one" as a slave drive untill it finally dies