What is wrong with my computer!?

sierrapacific Guest

When I tried to install FS2004 on the forth disk it said there was a hard disk error. And I can't figure out how to bypass it. And while you read this you can also visit my website: http://www.freewebs.com/sierrapacific

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you have the sim loaded on this computer before.
Does the h/d make a grinding noise.
Is the disk clean of all dust and fingerprints.
Can you give us your computer specs.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

sierrapacific
Try to copy the entare cd to your harddisc if U have place for it. In my firs instalation I had some problems and actualy i copyed all 4 cd's and perfomed the instalation from there

sierrapacific Guest

My computer has a 200GB Hard Frive 512MB ram and Intel Inside Celeron D which I will problably soon be getting an AMD Athlon 64. My brother got the same message and bypassed it but won't tell me how.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

sierrapacific
I think U have lot of space so just insert your cd to cd driver open a seperate subdir some where and try to copy your cd no4 to your hard drive . If U will beable to copy all the files than we can discaust what to do later. If not U just skip the file U can't copy and some body will suply U the missing file or I will do it when I will be home

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

In addition to the others right suggestions you can try to restart your system in safe mode and install FS.Of course you have to un-install it first.

Maybe a corrupted file cause of CD small damage cause you this problem.You can also try an alternative CD/DVD drive to see what will happens.

Before start try(if you willing to do)all the above run the disk clean up option ,defrag you hard drive,and check your paging files set up.

If you dont know how to do all of them(or some of them) inform us and you will get specific instructions.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...