Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Not a Good day at all

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi.

Today wasn't a very good day for me as I got a bit bullied by my friends at schooll and got the **** taken out of me because I went plane spotting at the week-end with my friend, Alex. They thought that it was nerdy and imagined me saying "Oh look, there is an A330 - How RARE (in a nerdy voice". Alex and myself both like planes and we can't help that. There was one who was the worst who couldn't actually believe that we went!

I don't know what they would say if they found out if I have FS2004 and that I enjoy it because they all seem to think that plane - spotting is all "a bit out of my character" - being the age that I am (Teenager).

Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

people think i'm strange because i picked up an airliner world magazine from the new sagents bargain bin (50p! haha). then again, no one cares because i go to an art college. basically it doesn't matter if you like planes, people that bully you for it..well, c'mon that really is stupid to be fair! 'bloody morons'

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't let it bother you, those aren't the kind of people who know how to be friends. They look to get into trouble.
Look at all the people here and on other sites that enjoy the same thing as you, forget about them and enjoy yourself.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ignore them.They are empty persons and deeply in their minds they envy you.
Thats why they react with such a bad way.
If you visit all of them when some years have passed you will figure out that they became the perfect loosers. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Thank You for all your comments guys and you have made me feel a little bit better and more confident in myself - Thank You Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Look,I'm in the exactly same condition as you are all the people think i'm Crazy and actually i've figured out that if your're smarter,they think your're dumber because THEY'RE dumber,they just don't want to admit it.
An idiot annoyed me so much today and stole my house keys ! Evil or Very Mad,a real jerk!I ended up getting them back after he made all kind of threats and so on and i didn't even know this guy!!!
If they say that you should look for a330's,say that your cousin is flying a heavily armed f-15 over your area onpatrol with anti-idiot devices! Very Happy That'll leave them to think Rolling Eyes Wink .
I'm also approx. the same age and by the way,my first name's alex.

p.s. Nobody(at least me)can see you sig.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

just ignore people like that, they don't deserve the time of day.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I suppose advocating the start a fight theory wouldn't really do much good. I used to get bullied by people, but that was when I was like 5 feet tall. Fortunately I grew to 6'3", so people pretty much leave me alone.

Just stand up for yourself, I suppose if they still are mean to you, you can always say "Oh, I see. But I don't really think standing round with my thumb up my *** is all that much fun, unlike you guys."

That works unless they're like twice your size. Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Thats a shame to hear about you being bullied, people who haven't the slightest interest in aviation dont seem to understand about what a great industry, interest and hobby it can be. You can never stop researching about the topic, there is always plenty of airline news or wacky threads to read on airliners.net or simulation here, and that is why I have such an interest in it Wink.

Now, as for dealing to them - stand up for yourself, (verbally not physically Laughing) and best of all, get your pilots licence. If you dont want a career in aviation, if possible take flying lessons and become a private pilot, and make sure they hear just how much fun you are having.

Hope this helps a little,
Jarred. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

If you dont want a career in aviation, if possible take flying lessons and become a private pilot, and make sure they hear just how much fun you are having.

Exactly. Now in what 5-6 years you'll fly low and fast over there house in an A-10 and they'll say, "GEEZ thats the kid we beat up cause he liked flying! What a cool job he has!"

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

SteveT wrote:

Hi.

Today wasn't a very good day for me as I got a bit bullied by my friends at schooll and got the **** taken out of me because I went plane spotting at the week-end with my friend, Alex. They thought that it was nerdy and imagined me saying "Oh look, there is an A330 - How RARE (in a nerdy voice". Alex and myself both like planes and we can't help that. There was one who was the worst who couldn't actually believe that we went!

I don't know what they would say if they found out if I have FS2004 and that I enjoy it because they all seem to think that plane - spotting is all "a bit out of my character" - being the age that I am (Teenager).

Crying or Very sad

If your "friends" bully you, they're not your real friends. I learned that a couple years ago, (The hard way). Also, This book might help ya: The O'Reilly Factor For Kids.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

That sucks SteveT, people like that are just childish and immature, try to ignore them Confused

Also, count your self lucky, a few plane spotters in Greece got more than they bargined for when they were arrested on spying and esponage charges when they got sent to jail with $9,000 fines each Sad For more info, check out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1697862.stm

Thank godness it's legal where you and I come from!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Just be self-confident. Understand that there is no shame in what you do. Flight is not a very common thing to have likeness for nowadays, and people will tend to bag on you for a while, but in the heat of the moment, you'll always know what to do -- I promise. You can never plan how to react when you expect such things to happen, or it would no longer be genuine. You are a man, with your mind, and you have the god-given right to use them as you please. If someone else happens to have a problem with that, well then they just have to solve it themselves. If they resort to violence towards you, don't fight back. The tongue is the strongest muscle in your body -- use it wisely my friend.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Just be self-confident. Understand that there is no shame in what you do. Flight is not a very common thing to have likeness for nowadays, and people will tend to bag on you for a while, but in the heat of the moment, you'll always know what to do -- I promise. You can never plan how to react when you expect such things to happen, or it would no longer be genuine. You are a man, with your mind, and you have the god-given right to use them as you please. If someone else happens to have a problem with that, well then they just have to solve it themselves. If they resort to violence towards you, don't fight back. The tongue is the strongest muscle in your body -- use it wisely my friend.

Very wise words Crosscheck and very good advice Bow Down

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

people think i'm strange because i picked up an airliner world magazine from the new sagents bargain bin (50p! haha).

Shocked Shocked Shocked It cost's $16 here!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

No kidding CT, we probably pay more for the airmail than the magazine itself... Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hey jarred- do you buy it???

I used to get it all the time, but the latest one I have is the March 2005 one with the A380 and Cessna Caravan reviews.

I have now switched to Pacific Wings, a NZ GA mag!

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Nah I dont get it, (too expensive) I generally get the newspaper Aviation News which is pretty good, I also get Australian Aviation and Pacific Wings as well sometimes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

RGR that J1 (LOL thats my nickname for you now seeing that I am CT Wink )

Sorry for taking the thread Off Topic! ... Oops!

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Lol, copy that last comment of yours! Wink