Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Pan Am Virtual

How many of you would be interested in seeing a Pan Am Virtual?
I would
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
I wouldn't like to see one
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
I will think about
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

How many of you would be interested in seeing a Pan American Virtual Airways, featuring all of their aircraft.

"Man is not free unless government is limited." -Ronald Reagan

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I said I'd think about it.

The problem with "retro" VAs is that the older planes really didn't have today's sophisticated autopilots (Even though some models include them).

It depends on the level of accuracy you want to have. Some people like to fly planes that barely have more than heading, altitude and IAS hold. some don't.

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

One reason that I want to start a Pan Am virtual is because there are a lot of Pan Am aircraft out there. Plus, I have a lot of Pan Am stuff in my collection so it would be pretty easy to do it. I'm really goin' to work my VA's on Spring Break & Summer Vacation. I also plan on using the aircraft that the current pan am uses.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Then go for it. but, check to see if there are other PanAm VAs. If so, you might have to come up with a similar name.

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I will work on looking for other Pan Am Virtuals. I need some help, because I have tests this week and next week.

what would you like help with?

i can build websites, and am experienced in the organisation/running of virtual airlines.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I mainly need help with setting up a website, but I need to get my temporary website set up along wiht other people that are willing to be pilots.

E-Mail me if you want to fly for me once the airlines gets started: railtycoon8819@yahoo.com

Matan_H Guest

PanAm virtual airlines already exists:
http://www.panamva.com

Enjoy Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
99jolegg Chief Captain

Hey,

I voted for 'I'll think about it' purely because I am neither for or against it. Personally, I am not looking for a VA right now, but I'm sure plenty of other people are and I'm sure people might be interested in it.

Its an interesting idea, with a unique "selling" point that some other VA's don't have which might prove to your advantage. But like Crash has said, the aircraft are fairly old and you have to consider the amount of people willing to fly a jet with no or limited AP

Wink

Click below to support FSF:

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Matan_H wrote:

PanAm virtual airlines already exists:
http://www.panamva.com

Enjoy Smile

Thanks for finding that. i'll show it to my dad who used to work for Pan Am.

Pro Member Trainee
Jester00 Trainee

I voted for it.

I would especially like to see one devoted to the late propliner routes and aircraft of the late 40's and 1950's.

There are many good aircraft that could be used for a PAN-AM VA - just need someone to organize it well and they will come.

As long as you have the "Connie" in the fleet I am all for it. Wink

If you decide not to go with the PAN-AM VA there isn't a current VA for TWA (that I know of) the old TWA-RETRO VA has apparently went South and is no longer in operation.

JESTER

Aviator999 Guest

I was just looking for a Pan Am Va and followed the link below. Unfortunately that virtual airline is not for me as they require everything be flown online and verified with Vatsim which is just not my cup of tea at the moment. If a less restrictive Pan AM VA could be created i would join it in a heartbeat as I love Pan Am and live at one of their hubs, KMIA. Havent checked. Is there a Virtual Pan Am just like there is Virtual Eastern and Eastern Virtual. If you go ahead with the project you have one pilot right here.

Regards, Carlos

Very Happy