50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Pro Member Trainee
Flightbros Trainee

none of the helicopter downloads work at all (except the latest ones) and that is really annoying it just come up with this screen which say:

Apologies: You have encountered an error on our server or site. This may be due to several reasons

Free FTP file server may be too busy right now. Please try again later.
Some Download Managers will have problems downloading files - Try disabling your Download Manager.
Page may not exist - check the URL in the address bar or visit our Site Map
Broken Link - Please report continued problems to Support or use the Search page
All Premier Members - Please report errors to Support as there should be none.
If you have encountered this page when downloading from any other site except SIMVIATION - that site is illegally accessing Simviation files!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm guessing here, but I suspect that some of the download links point to simviation.

Simviation obviously is taking the position that what they offer can only be directly downloaded from their site and not a link from another.

Simviation obviously is clueless as to how the internet works and even if the author's copyright notice specifies that the file can not be kept on another site, there is nothing in law that prevents linking to it since the file still resides only on the "approved" site.

That said, please note that I am not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

By the way, there is no reason to make everything a poll. You can simply ask a question in a post and get answers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey Crash you can simple edit your post to add what you forgot cause of your FSaddiction, and not try to catch my number of posts with cheap tricks of double posts etc..... Poke in Eye

Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing (just kidding of course my friend)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hate to burst your conspiracy bubble but we had an arrangement with Simviation that goes back a few years when this site was new. They were nice enough to help out.
They just changed their system so we are now getting errors.
It will be fixed soon by loading them all on our servers.
Meanwhile you can download a huge selection from http://www.hovercontrol.com/ . Sorry for the inconvenience.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Being aware that there seems to be a problem with downloading helicopters from this site, I've never even attempted it.
Hence my vote has to be no. Geek