SearchSearch 

Would you purchase this plane?

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing the PMDG 737-700 and wondered if anyone else has this aircraft and could comment on whether its worth the £22.

For those who have not seen it - the link is:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/73767.htm

Thanks
Leachus

23 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

It looks like a good plane i guess

an absolute corker but you can get just as good freeware if you look around for a good panel

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I would very highly reccommend the 737 series by PMDG, either the NG, or the 700/800. Both are built with great detail, which I doubt you'd find anywhere else. The FMC is fairly sophisticated, and you can get used to it pretty quickly. One thing however, is that if you don't want to spend some time reading and preparing Engine start-up, etc. then don't get it. It requires a lot of devotion, but is well worth it. The fact that it's by PMDG is just another plus. Read the reviews and following comments, and let us know of your decision 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Highly recommend it. Enough said.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Definately recommend it. I've come to realise that PMDG are definately the best third party simulated aircraft manufacturers out there.

The 737 -600/700 and -800/900 are both excellent, and wait till you see their 747-400 Surprised The attention to detail is amazing, and as many have mentioned they gave a fantastically realistic FMC.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

All I can say is

BUY IT NOW

You will not look back.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

that is the plane i fly the most (the 737-700). my uncle that flies that same plane in real life said the plane looks just like the real thing and flies fairley close to the real thing. well anyways i would recomend it to you

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

an absolute corker but you can get just as good freeware if you look around for a good panel

Nonsense!

Name a freeware 737 that even comes close to the authenticity of the PMDG.

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

I would totally recommend it. I have it and all I can say is amazing! I also have the beechcraft they make, and the 747. All wonderful. I would recommend it all the way. 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Using the KISS principle, I would certainly buy it if I were interested in flying commercial airliners.

hinchoo Guest

kittyhawk 737-700 model

that 737 ng panel from flightsim.com's shop. that has quite a complex system start up procedure.

Pro Member First Officer

WOW, thanks for all of the replys peeps.

Looks like i will have to have a look into purchasing that one.

I will show you all some screenies when I get it 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Does this plane come with an autoland feature?

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

looks dam good to me! ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

Using the KISS principle, I would certainly buy it if I were interested in flying commercial airliners.

Well, if you also forget about the sound package and the navigation database that comes with the PMDG model, you might be almost right. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Lol, KISS meaning my comment, not necessarily the plane, that is anything but KISS! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Does this plane come with an autoland feature?

Hey leachus2002,

why would you spend money on an add/on like the PMDG 737, study procedures, practice flying according to those procedures... and then miss out on landing the plane... 🤔 ❓

After all, that's where all the fun starts 😀

If 'autoland' is what you're really after, get David Maltby's VC-10 --- it's freeware Yes

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Guys,

I just wondered if it came with autoland for the rare occurance that I might need it. Personally I am not a fan of it, but do use it when I need to.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hi leachus2002, sorry for having jammed up your enquiry Oops! - did a little bit of digging and despite hundreds of members apparently owning the PMDG 737 only one, the venerable fourby was prepared to take the time and search for the elusive autoland feature.

Read this topic - it should give you all the available information prior to actually having purchased the product. ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11794/payware-panel/

Hope it helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yet another clue: 99jolegg is usually very precise with his statements, read this ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11826/copy-of-items-i-have-for-sale/

We're getting closer... Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here it is - problem solved!!

I've had a look around for you and it seems there definitely are autoland capabilities:

Quote:

If conducting an Autoland, do not anticipate having the airplane track the centerline while rolling out. The 737, unlike some larger Boeing airplanes, does not have a ROLLOUT mode in the Autoland capability so the crew is continually responsible for tracking the runway centerline after touchdown

Quote:

Autoland Target Speeds: The speed at which the Autoland/Autothrottle approach is flown. Equal to 25REF+5 or 30REF + 5 knots, regardless of wind conditions. The Autothrottle corrects for normal wind gust conditions through the airspeed and acceleration sensing system.

Courtesy of 99jolegg --that should do it... do you think?

I do wonder though how many owners of the PMDG 737 actually fly it 🤔

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Woah, I'm a little confused by this thread so apologies if I'm repeating but YES, the PMDG 737 does have a full Autoland included.

It's a few years old now but still one of hte finest jets for FS.

Just make sure BOTH radios are tuned to the ILS frequency then select both Autopilots and she will Autoland. If you only set one Radio the plane will not allow engagement of the 2nd autopilot and will not land. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It seems you are one of the very few pay-ware enthusiasts who actually endeavours to explore the software and what's more, is willing to share his knowledge with others in this, 'the friendliest forum' on the web without having to be coaxed and begged or to be told to google for the info.

Thank you.