SearchSearch 

Airport upgrades

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

I've seen around some really good airports with proper gates, airport vehicles (icluding push back trucks) and easy to read taxi signs etc.

My question is, are these all individual add on's, or is there a package which can upgrade most airports?

Thanks

Rich

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Firstly Rich..WELCOME TO FLYAWAY!!

Now to answer your question, you will find add-ons and downloads on this site and many other such as avsim.com. Registeration at avsim is free and just have a browse in their File Library. It depends on what packge you are refering to but still do what I said and see what you get 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

welcome to flyaway....

There should be a setting in the display settings I can't remeber what's called as I'm at work, but increase that to full and goto somewhere like EGLL and you see the gates there.

Some good addon scenery can be found at
www.avsim.com
www.flightsim.com

Both are freeware sites. have a look over this
www.uk2000scenery.com If you live or fly in the UK as this scenery is brilliant.

Regards,

Liono

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Thanks for the advice.

I think it's as I originally thought, add-ons for each individual airport or buying a package for several. Looks like I will be spending many hours in front of the PC adding on what I want.

I just thoght someone may have come up with a UK and Europe or US airport upgrades as a free download somewhere, which covered all the major HUBS.

Still, we can't have everything, can we!

Rich

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome to Fly Away RichT.Log in to this site will make you richer(in knowledges and friends)than you already are... 😉

I just only like to add to the others right suggestions that there are scenerys that impoving in general the airports of FS and others(the best in my opinion)that you can improve specific airports you like to fly from or to...The final choice is yours.

Fell free to ask for any help. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway Rich Group Wave

You can get terrain mesh and photorealistic software that covers large areas which will improve scenery greatly, but usually this is payware. I usually download scenery for airports which I use most and like most 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Seems that i reply late RichT...you catch my thoughts... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you go into settings in the sims menu and set your scenery slider to 100% (all the way to the right) you'll see the jetways at many of the major airports.
If you want any specific airport scenery downloads check the download library at www.avsim.com or ask us for it and we'll be glad to help.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

just thought i'd add,pushback trucks are built into individual plane models. project open skys 767 and dreamwings dash series have them for starters 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

hinch wrote:

just thought i'd add,pushback trucks are built into individual plane models. project open skys 767 and dreamwings dash series have them for starters 😀

Just to add my two cents. There is a pushback gauge the has the pushback truck included.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=69682