London Heathrow --> Charles-De-Gaulle

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks Flyaway,

those are really nice. I don't know what video card you have but I'm quessing it's Nvidea (correct me if I'm wrong). The effects and airport lighting etc. are almost identical to my Ti 4800se, but your ground detail is way better than I can squeeze out of the old Ti (and still fly airplanes)

What resolution are you running at and how much AA?
Which card?

anyway, well done.

Pro Member Site Admin

I'm running a 5950 Ultra at 1280x1024. With the screenshots I took, I let FS take control of the AA and set to Trilinear - but if I overide that with the Nvidia app, I can get 8xAA and 8x Anisotrophic with no problem. I'm pretty pleased with the card, and there is a huge difference to my previous card - the 5200. The 5950 card specs are as follows:

Graphics Core: 256-bit
Memory Interface: 256-bit
Memory Bandwidth: 30.4GB/sec
Fill Rate: 3.8 billion texels/sec.
Vertices/sec. 356 million
Memory Data Rate: 950MHz
Pixels per Clock (peak): 8
Textures per Pixel: 16*
RAMDACs: 400MHz

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Awesome screenshots, a "10" across the board. The clarity of the shots is amazing, I haven't tried any night flying over Las Vegas (nite lights) yet, but now I will.
What FPS do you get with those settings.

Pro Member Site Admin

Now this I have been trying to find out, I tried the CTRL + Z that you guys mentioned, but nothing. Any ideas how to find out?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have to hit Shift+Z a few times, eventually you'll get two lines of information (red) at the top of the screen, in the bottom line it'll tell you the fps.

SORRY ❗ ❗ ❗ It's Shift+Z Embarassed

Last edited by RadarMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This was with my old card, not to clear.

Pro Member Site Admin

Just tried it, and still nothing - is there any way I can get there from the menus?

Pro Member Site Admin

Hehe, found it - it was SHIFT + Z, I looked in the control assignments. I'm getting around 20-30fps when everything is set to max and AA is up. But when descending and all ground scenery can go low as 16FPS and when ascending - all clouds can go as high as 35+FPS. Would you say these specs were good, considering everything is pretty set to the max? To be honest guys, I can live with frame rates as low as 10FPS and not be bothered by it - so the frame rates i'm getting are great.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I leave my frame rates set at 27 now and don't really care as long as the flight is smooth and the screen sharp.

Pro Member Site Admin

So, what do you have your res set at - what could settings - dynamic scenery... etc?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

flyaway wrote:

So, what do you have your res set at - what could settings - dynamic scenery... etc?

Right now (I keep changing) I have Dynamic Scenery off, and most of the others about 75%. I would rather have performance now than scenery, but I do want the aircraft shots to be much more clear, that's why the higher setting.
I keep the res high and crop the shots.

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

FlyAway those are awsome shots...I see you like your new card....Cool......I usually fly the US skies but now must go to Europe for some flights...

Your graphics are great.....

Thanks for sharing your pics and info........Mason

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...