Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Fuel/Saving Games

I'm pressing ";" to save the game while I'm in flight. But when I go to select flight the next time I load up FS, it takes me back alll the way to the beginning of the flight I saved, and not where I was in the air. Is there something special I need to do to save a flight so I can continue on where I left off?

And I'm doing a long-haul flight...O'Hare to Hong Kong. The Nav log says I need something like 67000 gallons(or was it pounds) of fuel. But the 747 fully loaded can only take like 56000. Is there something screwy there? I know for a fact it's possible to play to Hong Kong from Chicago.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I'm pressing ";" to save the game while I'm in flight. But when I go to select flight the next time I load up FS, it takes me back alll the way to the beginning of the flight I saved, and not where I was in the air. Is there something special I need to do to save a flight so I can continue on where I left off?

After pressing ";" ...... give your flight a Title.
Then, there is a checkbox in front of: Make this the default flight __ check the box.
Don't forget to click on OK.

If you exit FS in the 'Select a flight' mode, the next time you start FS, it should by default take you back to the flight and the stage of the flight you were at when you left FS the last time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think that the Boeing 747-400 that your thinking of that travels KORD-VHHH, is the Boeing 747-400 ER. It has an additional fuel tank that gives it extra range. The flight planner could also be off. Looks like the Altitude for the GPS direct flight defaults to 19 ft. This could be the source of the extra fuel burn. I've tried to reset it to FL 340 with no luck. 😕

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747family/pf/pf_400er_prod.html

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=ORD-HKG

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I made a mistake. In the flight Planner, the Altitude did change to the altitude that I selected. The 19 ft is the elevation of Hong Kong's(VHHH) airport. Embarassed