SearchSearch 

a very interesting thing

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

when I have a short flight and top off the tanks, the destination ATC won't let me land, instead they vector me to fly away from the airport, last time I was supposed to land at O'Hare, I was vectored all the way to New Mexico, then I dumped some fuel and re-filed the flight plan, I went down straight in!
It happened a few times. So I guess they know I can't land with full tanks??
very interesting 😀

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

when I have a short flight and top off the tanks, the destination ATC won't let me land, instead they vector me to fly away from the airport, last time I was supposed to land at O'Hare, I was vectored all the way to New Mexico, then I dumped some fuel and re-filed the flight plan, I went down straight in!
It happened a few times. So I guess they know I can't land with full tanks??
very interesting 😀

Security??? 😕
Interesting! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've never noticed that Dont Know I've landed aircraft way above maximum landing weight with IFR clearence 🙄 so not sure what it could be

😉

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Maybe his realism settings are higher than yours 99jolegg. I must say that if your wright it is very interesting indeed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

Maybe his realism settings are higher than yours 99jolegg. I must say that if your wright it is very interesting indeed.

Probably. That was a very long time ago when my realism settings were set at next to nothing 🙄 Nice feature though 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

definitely interesting, i have my realism settings quite high and yet i have never experienced this,
or maybe i just manage my payload better 😉 only kidding!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Sorry to burst the bubble, but you all are wrong. ATC sometimes screws up and forgets to have you turn in for finals. Just cancel and re-file the flight plan, ATC has no knowlege whatsoever of the aircraft's current payload, as I've landed with about 95% fuel and no one cared.