Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New, confused and bad with computer thingys. HELP!

Pro Member Trainee
rockape Trainee

Hello all. Have just 'joined up' and i'm having a few probs (I hear "here we go again").

Have downloaded 2 DHC-6 programs (USAF, Air Malaysia) for FS2002, neither of which has a readme file. Have tried following the tutorial in the earlier link but no luck. Have moved all the files i can into their relevant places, yet nothing appears in the 'select aircraft' section on the game. How do i access these? Also, there seems to be no-where for the PANEL files to go.

Guess you get sick of these requests, but i'm tearing my hair out here, any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm running windows XP by the way,

Cheers chaps,

Tony.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome to Fly Away rockape.The site which never a question getting us sick Wink Very Happy

Can you give us the link you download these Crafts?Maybe if we dive on the files we found something helpful for you. Wink

The panel files stays in the Aircraft folder.Unzip your files in a temporary file and from this folder just copy them to the FS ones.
But if you give us the link we will help you more. Wink

Last edited by Greekman72 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You downloaded them for 2002, do you have 2002 or 2004 and in order to help we need the information that Greekman asked for.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
rockape Trainee

Thanks for responding so promptly guys. I assume this is what you mean by the link for the aircraft (this is the Air Malaysia version).

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/244/dhc-6-twin-otter-air-malaysia/

I am using FS2002.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well my friend you are right that there is no folder DH_C otter in the Zip file.
Although the Zip.file contents are these which must be in the aircaft folder.
I create a folder named DH_6 in my aircrafts folder and i just unzip the Zip.file there.

The problem is that i cant confirm that it works because im in flight this moment ,but i can check it in about one hour and a half from now.

If you like you can try it and if it doesnt work just delete the folder you have create.

Im sure that more experts than me will have something better to suggest. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
dukeofspace Trainee

Hi,

How do I get the files to work, just downloaded f4 phantom to "my documents", have tried copying to c:\program filess\ microsoft games\flight simulator 9\ aircraft. The aircraft does not appear in the list when Ilaunch fs 2004.

Sorry to sound thick on this one, please help.

Many thanks,

DOS

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hello and Welcome to Fly Away Wink

Follow the instructions from the experts of the site and come back if you have more questions. Arrow

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have 2002 but after downloading it you should make a folder called DCH-6 and put all the other folders and cfg's it. Then put the DCH-6 folder into the main aircraft folder.

This one was made for 2002 Pro, if you don't have pro it may not work, as I said I never had 2002.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
rockape Trainee

Sorry for the delay in replying guys, had to go away for the weekend.

Thanks for the advice, good point about the 2002 pro thing. Will have a play around later with the pointers you've given, and let you know how i get on.

Pro Member Trainee
rockape Trainee

Very Happy WAAHHEY! Very Happy

Thanks for the advice guys.

Have just downloaded PBN Trislander G-JOEY, all seems well. Only thing is that there are no panels on the side of the cockpit (or anywhere but the forward view for that matter). This means when i look around using virtual cockpit i appear to be flying without an aircraft!

I'm assuming this is normal and explains the small size of the download?

Off to have some more fun, thanks again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

rockape wrote:

Very Happy WAAHHEY! Very Happy

Thanks for the advice guys.

Have just downloaded PBN Trislander G-JOEY, all seems well. Only thing is that there are no panels on the side of the cockpit (or anywhere but the forward view for that matter). This means when i look around using virtual cockpit i appear to be flying without an aircraft!

I'm assuming this is normal and explains the small size of the download?

Off to have some more fun, thanks again.

I dont know about the specific craft you are reffering too,but yes it happens with some add-ons.
I have it in some of my mines too Wink .
You can search for an add-on panel for this craft in order to get entire cockpit view. Wink