Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

3 Completely Unrelated Questions

Guest Guest

Hello,

I have 3 completely different questions:

1. Playing FSPassengers and like it a lot. Once I'm on the ground and I'm taxiing, I keep accidently decreasing the thrust until the reversers kick in -- major no-no in FSP. How do I decrease thrust (to idle, I guess?) without going to far. Is there a way to prevent thrusters from kicking in?

2. What is the proper technique to using spoilers? I can't seem to slow down my jets to 250 kts under 10,000 feet. I'll activate the spoilers, which of course makes the plane slow down as desired but with a wicked nose gain, engage the flaps, but then I always seem to inadvertenly re-accelerate back above 250 kts. Can someone help my technique??

3. I can't seem to create a real user name on this site!!! They seem to be happy to take my money, but I can never get a good login name. I've submitted my "lost username and password" info, but a new e-mail never comes. And I can't register my current e-mail, because it says I'm already registered!! What should I do next? I'd really love to get to the download section....

Thanks for any advice....

Eric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey Eric,

1) Press F1 by default. It will decrease your thrust to idle without using reverse thrust.

2) Make sure you descend a bit earlier and lower your speed earlier using the AP. If you are flying heavy jets, it takes a while for the speed to decrease. If needs be then use the spoilers, but if it can be avoided then try.

3) Sorry to hear that Eric. It is a problem of this site but I'm sure your account will be activated soon. Meanwhile, keep emailing them at accounts@flyawaysimulation.com putting ATT Flyaway in the subject line. Also check your junk mail all of the time, as a lot of time the confirmation email ends up in there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

I'd really love to get to the download section....

Eric,

you can download thousands of files for free at other sites. Try these two for starters: Arrow http://avsim.com/ here you will have to register for free - quick and painless, but one of the best.
Arrow http://www.simviation.com/menu.html here you don't have to register and you can browse by pictures. No search engine though, you search by categories.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Eric,
you can download thousands of files for free at other sites. Try these two for starters: Arrow http://avsim.com/ here you will have to register for free - quick and painless, but one of the best.
Arrow http://www.simviation.com/menu.html here you don't have to register and you can browse by pictures. No search engine though, you search by categories.

I find www.flightsim.com very good aswell Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

HEY ERIC in case you didnt know it takes five days for the account to be opened up

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

just out of curiosity;), when you say that you exceed 250 kts during your descend, at what rate are you descending, and in which plane?

Guest Guest

Thanks guys for some advice.

1. F1 is the magic key I was looking for. I usually like to decrease the throttle in increments (more realistic to me), but if it's going to cost me 300 points every time I use PS Passengers, I can learn to love F1.

2. I never, never, never use AutoPilot. It seems to me to be semi-pointless to fly a "simulator" and not have to simulate anything. Not to mention I love during everything myself - taxiing, takeoffs, following vectors, ILS, landing -- the whole nine yards.

It seems to be the FS 737 that I can't slow down enough. I cut N1 power to about 40% and try to keep my decent rate between 1500 and 2000 fps. The keeps the nose fairly level. Is this in the ballpark??

3. No luck so far with registration. I did go to another website and downloaded a few things - good enough for now. However, something I downloaded has trashed my Learjet and Boeing 737 planes! I get some kind of "visual something" error - sorry I can't remember. I think it was the 50 mile contrail files. Stupid me didn't make a backup either.... I guess I have to find those planes off a website now... Any way I can easily re-install the MS versions without losing all my other add-ons I've installed (Ultimate Traffic, USA Roads, and FS Passengers being the main ones)

Thanks again guys for your help!

Eric