Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

ILS Frequency

mcleodbj

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:24 am 

Hi All

I have just upgraded my computer and have purchased FS2004 yesterday. Previously I have been using FS98 and could successfully find my way around the place. I used to be able to go the the Airport Facility Directory and search for the ILS frequency to enter into the NAV1.

Could anybody tell me where to find these frequency's in FS2004. I believe they are in the GPS somewhere but have been unable to locate them. Many Thanks
Brian
Fire_Emblem_Master
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:30 am 

An easier way to get the ILS frequencies is to open the Map. Hit ALT, then the WORLD tab, click MAP. Click your target airport, and then look for the chart of runways and ILS frequencies.
Don Wood

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:31 am 

There may be other ways also but the easist for me, once I have a flight set up, is to click the map icon, then double-click on the airport in question. That will bring up an information page for that airport with all the available frequencies listed.
Fire_Emblem_Master
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:34 am 

lol Don, I beat ya to it by a minute Laughing
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:55 pm 

Here's a link to approach charts (US). These will help with other aspects of flying instrument approaches. They are real but most of the information is correct for flight simulator. Smile

http://www.naco.faa.gov/digital_tpp.asp?ver=0602&eff=02-16-2006&end=03-16-2006