Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Setting up a simulation

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:39 pm 

Hi guys (and gals)

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm working on my final year project at Uni and am looking to set up a bespoke simulation of sorts.

I am linking 2 computers together via ethernet crossover, which should hopefully provide me with two independantly controlled aircraft operating in the same airspace.

However, the basis of my project is a new form of traffic avoidance called ASAS (Aircraft Separation Assistance). Not to get too much into the points of ASAS (though I will if anyone wants info) but I would like to set up a simulation where;

Starts with both aircraft in steady level flight
Aircraft are on a converging course

If anyone can help, or would like more information, I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks for any help

Michael Byrne
University of Glasgow
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:52 pm 

Check back in about 2 hours or so, by that time Mr. Greekman should have returned from his bussiness meeting by that time and he is the expert in these matters.

Keep checking back, you won't be disappointed! Wink
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:14 pm 

Tailhook wrote:
Check back in about 2 hours or so, by that time Mr. Greekman should have returned from his bussiness meeting by that time and he is the expert in these matters.

Keep checking back, you won't be disappointed! Wink

Who sais that im not login?
who sais that im in a bussiness meeting?
who sais that im an expert and able to provide such kind of infos?

Sorry dear guest but im not the right person to give you what are you looking for. Dont Know
I cant undesrtand clearly what are you looking for.Something like multiplaying in a locally level?Anyway there are more experts than me in these kind of issues.I think that if you are a litle patient you will get some infos close to what you are looking for.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:07 pm 

Greekman72 wrote:

Who sais that im not login?
who sais that im in a bussiness meeting?
who sais that im an expert and able to provide such kind of infos?

My sincere apologies Greekman - for once I thought I'd try and follow the trend of jumping to conclusions but - as seems to be my Karma I failed dismally in my attempt.

To my defence, I was trying to the best of my knowledge to provide the Guest with some clue that he could pursue in his quest and nobody to my knowledge seemed to be up to the task better than you Greekman, especially when considering the result of the recent Poll I've conducted Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11761/building-computer/ -- if time permits you might consider reflecting on the figures... you'll find that according to the result you're the man.

I am getting a little tired of having to apologise for every other sentence I utter and to justify and defend every one of my expressions, so, as mentioned earlier, I'll be working very hard on just pitching my tent in the 'Welcoming Committee' and stay out of your way. I think that's only fair, don't you?

Greetings and be well Cheers!

Your comrade in arms.
tomthetank
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 pm 

Umm... This may be easy or imposible Dont Know but here goes
If you are running two PC ,each with FS9 ,then would not the multiplayer option be your answer Question (dont know as Ive never flown M/P)

To set up a flight mid air is easy,just get to where you want to be and save.

If however you are running 2 x FS9 and trying to get them to run together on one monitor,I dont think so Crying or Very sad

Open to suggestions from our multiplayers
tomthetank
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:06 pm 

Idea Ive had one of those rare moments,an idea Rolling Eyes

With the traffic add on Traffic 2004/5 http://www.traffic-2005.net/ you can take any aircraft from your existing collection and asign it a flight plan and time.
Set up your aircraft which will now become an AI controled craft,check its flight plan and start your aircraft.the one you control from somewhere opposite.Fly towards each other and you should be in the situation you need

I do know that the traffic add on Traffic2004/5 will work as I have it and have asigned non standard aircraft to the AI and given them flight plans.
The AI will fly the same track time and time again

Hope this helps