repeated malfunction using #1 key

tardius Guest

I'm having trouble when acknowledging an ATC message with the #1 key.
The screen flips to the flight planner and FS stops running. After a while the Microsoft error message comes up 'send report' 'dont send report'.
This is becoming more frequent - any solutions or suggestions? 😞

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
switchdoc Trainee

I definitely haven't run into this before, I don't get how pressing the 1 key could cause it.

If you press the 1 key just randomly (when not responding to atc) does this occur?

What about any other ATC responses? (2,3) etc.

-Switch

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tardius wrote:

The screen flips to the flight planner and FS stops running. After a while the Microsoft error message comes up 'send report' 'dont send report'.

A shot in the dark - no offence intended. Are you pressing the #1 or the F1 key?

Tailhook wrote:

tardius wrote:

A shot in the dark - no offence intended. Are you pressing the #1 or the F1 key?

Thanks - no offence taken. Its too frequent now for simple finger trouble. The system seems to wnat to randomly load the flight planner when key #1 is pressed. Not every time of course just now and then.

switchdoc wrote:

I definitely haven't run into this before, I don't get how pressing the 1 key could cause it.

If you press the 1 key just randomly (when not responding to atc) does this occur?

-Switch

Other keys are no problem. ATC message comes in - I press key #1 to acknowledge and the systen starts loading the flight planner. After a long time running up pops the error message and closes the programm.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

switchdoc wrote:

-Switch

Other keys are no problem. ATC message comes in - I press key #1 to acknowledge and the systen starts loading the flight planner. After a long time running up pops the error message and closes the programm.

Is there a possibility to be assigned by mistake a wrong key for this?Have you search it?Hit Alt and go to Options/Controls/Assignments and press Reset Defaults.

Let us know the results 😉

spuddi Guest

the good news is you do not have a problem.

the issue arises because the ATC menu options change all the time depending on what has been said.
Sometimes they say something to you and you look at the menu and 1 is the response, but just at the point that you are going to hit the 1 key it changes the menus.
normally in flight option 1 of the menus is create an IFR flight plan which if pressed launches you into the flight planner.
So you accidentily get sent to the flight planner.

the best way to avoid is to wait 2 seconds after they have spoken for the menus to settle down.

tardius Guest

if you don't know the answers, just tell me instead of pussyfooting around

spuddi Guest

i've just told you the answer

no need to be rude

Pro Member Trainee
switchdoc Trainee

if you don't know the answers, just tell me instead of pussyfooting around

Several people took time out of their day to try to help you with a technical question even though they've never met you and don't get paid to do it.

We're all happy to help but no one owes you anything and few will be excited to go very far out of their way for you if their reward is a snarky response because their anwers weren't immediate or perfect enough for you.

Microsoft offers support if you would like to talk to a professional.
You can find information on how to contact their support by clicking here:

http://www.microsoft.com/Games/FlightSimulator/support.asp

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...