Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

***Registration Process***

99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:39 am 

With Tailhook's permission, I made this quick post as a reference for prospective members to look through. Please not it was Tailhook's idea and I don't take any credit for it whatsoever. Ideas in this post have been suggested by various members, but too many to mention here, so its a group effort Cool Just thought I'd sort that out now Wink

Flyaway Member Registration Process

The optimum process...
Once you have paid the $5 fee to join Flyaway then you should receive an activation email, in the inbox of the email account you registered at Flyaway with, within 48 hours.

Problems you may encounter...
1) You have waited a long time for your activation email
2) The activation email isn’t in your inbox
3) You have never received the activation email

Reasons for those problems...
The registration process is run manually, with no automation involved. This means that each account has to be activated by flyaway, so there is no guarantee that your account will be activated within the 48 hour time period. Please recognise that FlyAway is a site for flight simulation enthusiasts and is a sideline in people’s lives, so for a while, flyaway could be busy and your account could remain inactivated – so BE PATIENT!

Solutions for all problems concerning activation emails...
First of all.....WAIT for a few days then....

Check your spam / junk folders – A lot of the time, your email account that you registered at FlyAway with doesn’t recognise the activation email as genuine, so it ends up in the junk folder.

Email them – Unfortunately, you activation email could have been forgotten about or got lost somewhere along the line. Email them http://support.flyawaysimulation.com/

It is realised amongst members at Flyaway that the process is far from ideal, but as members, we have little power to resolve the problem, but only to suggest a way to try and obtain your activation email.
Click below to support FSF:
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 am 

Congratulations to you dear Jon and to Tailhook for this initiative. Clap Clap Clap
ITS ME LIAM

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:09 pm 

NICE 1 THAT WILL HELP ME WHEN I BECOME A MEMBER

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:58 pm 

I have been waiting for over 30 Hours and I thought that they had just forgot. I sent them 1 e-mail about it but I didn't see this. I will wait another 18 and hopefully, the account will be registered.

Thanks
One Week.

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:26 am 

I've been waiting a week for my account activation and it's yet to come.

Rather than sending him 5 e-mails throughout the day, I sent him 10 in a row, about 5 minutes ago.

This is just unbelievable. I think I would have preferred to pay $20 to Sunclaro and had my account last week.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:45 pm 

ill wait it out a few more days and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback!
bucket

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:09 pm 

I've been waiting over a week, and sent two emails. Had I known things would take so long I probably would not have bothered paying my $5
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:44 pm 

Did you check you spam folder? Sometimes the confirmation email winds upo there. Also, did you try logging in with the user name and password you chose?
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
nikkobrook

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 am 

99jolegg

tes thanks for the info, problem is for some reason I can't access my e-mail account with hotmail despite trying to reset the password.
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:32 am 

nikkobrook wrote:
99jolegg

tes thanks for the info, problem is for some reason I can't access my e-mail account with hotmail despite trying to reset the password.

Try emailing hotmail and find out why you can't access your account after resetting your password and then you can find your confirmation email once you get it working.

Wink
badboyclub1

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:56 pm 

i sure do wish i found this page before i paid my 5.00. I understand its a side part of their life or whatever but if you are going to charge money and want to be professional then someone should develop a better system. Surely someone can help them design a better signup process free of charge. Almost any site you register to nowadays you get immediate membership. Its not a matter of the money either, its a matter of not being honest up front as to what to expect, it should clearly say that "we may take up to 7days to approve membership" or whatever. Sorry its just my opinion. Keep up the good work anyways.
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:01 pm 

badboyclub1 wrote:
i sure do wish i found this page before i paid my 5.00. I understand its a side part of their life or whatever but if you are going to charge money and want to be professional then someone should develop a better system. Surely someone can help them design a better signup process free of charge. Almost any site you register to nowadays you get immediate membership. Its not a matter of the money either, its a matter of not being honest up front as to what to expect, it should clearly say that "we may take up to 7days to approve membership" or whatever. Sorry its just my opinion. Keep up the good work anyways.

A perfectly valid opinion. Most memberships do usually get sent out; those that "don't" are usually a case of people not checking their junk folders.
Nogura

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:56 pm 

99jolegg wrote:

A perfectly valid opinion. Most memberships do usually get sent out; those that "don't" are usually a case of people not checking their junk folders.

Maybe most, but not all for sure. I am almost at a month now and still nothing. This is after literally dozens of emails to accounts@flyawaysimulation.com. And before anyone brings it up yet again, yes, I have tried logging in with the name and password I chose, and yes, I have checked the junk mail folders to make sure nothing was there.

Nogura
Flyboy92
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:37 pm 

Ditto what he said above. My dad's been waiting about a month also. Run the site or sell it to someone who can!!

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:47 pm 

I would suggest that anyone who has been defrauded by FlyAwaySimulation.com to report the crime to the British Office of Fair Trading. Contact PayPal as well. They may give you a refund. I would leave comments pertaining to your experience with FlyAwaySimulation on all other Flight Sim Forums. Others need to know so they don't fall victim to the criminal behaviour exhibited by FlyAwaySimulation.
wombat457
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:53 pm 

To GEUST -

Firstly, I paid my subscription and was approved and able to log in within 24 hours. I joined at the begining of February this year. It seems as though your problems, and the problems of one or two others, are isolated.

There is also a goodf chance that if you have followed the advice given and emailed Flyaway with the same attitude that you have displayed in your last post here, then there it is no wonder you registration is taking a little loonger than most.

Lastly, I would be VERY careful about alluding to "criminal activity" on the part of Flyaway. You dont need ot know how I know this, but you are leaving yourself open to some serious litigation. If you are going to claim crimianl activity then do two things:

1. DONT hide behind a GUEST psuedinum and
2. Be specific about what so called criminal activity Flyaway is engaing in.

If you are alluding to some for mof fraud, then perhaps you should read the relevant Crimes Act of your country and learn ALL of the proofs to such an offence prior to making ludicrous allegations.
Cheers and Safe Flying

Wombat457

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm 

I'm on my 3rd attempt to register. Tried once last year, then was away, figured the response got "lost in the mail." Tried again in December but I never got a response. A family member had some serious health issues, so pursuing it slipped my mind. This time, they're going to be able to wallpaper an entire room with my emails.

Hopefully, it will get their attention.

Brett
Tansocal

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 pm 

Hellooo.... Confused

I have paid my $ 5.00 thru paypal. I came in once to complain and people directed to the post about waiting waiting waiting.

I have outwore my waiting. I have sent over 25 emails all the same asking to help me with my account. I have got no answer nor any reply.

And yes Ive checked all junk/spam mail very very carefully. its been over 2 weeks and this is just not right at all. in fact its terrible. I dont mind the lil waiting game i understood it was a "hobby", but now its just seems to be collecting money and no results. Thats not cool whatsoever.

This site "seemed" like a nice place with everything here, but im starting to have my doubts. I have been patient. I cant believe no one can get ahold of whoever and speak a lil for the people that have paid and got "nothing" in return.

I will wait a few more days, then I will look further as to what to do.

Thanks for all the help radar and captain have provided, but this is just not right.....

hagd Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tansocal

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:00 pm 

yeah i just saw this page earlier. you can see why they only charge 5 $ and not more, it is outrageous of how slow the admins are on this site....

I just hope my count is activated eventually
Bricktop

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:02 pm 

Oh boy, I'm afraid I should have read this thread before giving my 5 dollars. I was expecting the mail after 10-20 minutes and wondered why it wasn't coming. Now I'll guess I'll just forget about it and start flooding with emails. How difficult is it anyway to activate some accounts.
QW Phil

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:21 pm 

This is sad news.

Does this site have some kind of ownership rights to the files it hosts?

If not, is there another resource, pay or not, that is at least responsive to its potental user base?

I've donated, applied for membership, checked junk mail folders, etc. If it is an automatic process as they claim, this should have been done within a couple of minutes. Their worst case scenario should definitely not be days (or months as some people here claim?)

Is there another resource to download these files? Please remember: information is free.
JarJarBinks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:29 pm 

i strongly suggest joining avsim if you have not already done so.

very large and visited site
"To Protect Life And Property"

GCFD: HQ STA. 1.
Rescue1, Squad1, Engine1, Ladder Tower1, Engine11

Airport STA. 5
ARFF Truck 5 Crash Fire Resc. 11 Engine 5
dataphil
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:58 pm 

Ok well, it took three days (I was the "QW Phil" post above) but my registration came through.

It certainly isn't the speediest of sites, registration wise, but now I can download.

With best wishes,
Phil
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:04 am 

Welcome Phil Cheers! , sorry that you had to go through the poor registration process but compared to the way it has been working, 3 days is pretty fast. Your here now and we are glad to have you.
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:53 pm 

CRJCapt wrote:
Welcome Phil Cheers! , sorry that you had to go through the poor registration process but compared to the way it has been working, 3 days is pretty fast. Your here now and we are glad to have you.

Yes Welcome!
PilotBen91
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:28 pm 

I finally received my validation email and am a member. My tip for those still waiting is to send a few polite emails. It worked great for me. It hasn't even been 48 hours. I am so excited to be a member now so hello.
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:52 pm 

Welcome PilotBen91!!! Cheers!
Mike_Oxtinks
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 pm 

Mine came within a couple of hours and worked fine. No problems on site other than not being able to find Avatar upload button on my profile. looked everywhere. I followed this link but cant find it

Other than that. Great. Thank you
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:20 pm 

Mike_Oxtinks wrote:
Mine came within a couple of hours and worked fine. No problems on site other than not being able to find Avatar upload button on my profile. looked everywhere. I followed this link but cant find it

Other than that. Great. Thank you

Try this.

http://en.gravatar.com/

Radar