Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Whats wrong here?

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

This is an approach to EGNS. I have got the approach hold switch on and the autopilot is flying.

Do only certain airports have the ability to use this function correctly?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hey Doyley,

I'm not too sure what you mean. The approach hold switch on the AP can be used if the aircraft has that function, at any airport with an ILS(s). I'm not too sure why it is a problem, but if you mean that you are not directly in line with the runway then it could be that the ILS for that airport is configured slightly wrong. If you could be a bit more specific, I'm sure someone will be able to help you more Wink

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

We'd need a cockpit shot.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yeah the problem is that the plane is not lined up with the runway and if I follow it, I miss the runway completely.

Do you want a cockpit view?

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you are indeed on both axes of the ILS then you should be directly lined up with the runway. Check this on the HSI before you engage the AP. If it says you are on both axes, i.e. laterally and vertically, and you are still approaching the runway at an angle then it is probably a misconfigured ILS feather within FS9. I believe this can be changed by using AFCAD, but I'm not too sure Wink

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yup im definatly on the correct glidescope. Must be the problem you mentioned.
I will look into fixing this, thanks for your advice Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

You are sure you put the right CRS in, right? I apologize if this is a stupid question Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

In Doyley's picture, the Visual Flight Path is also off centre, which operates separate from that of aircraft workings. So that suggest in itself that it is a sim fault Wink

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yeah thats right!

A little update, if I come to land on the same runway but the other direction everything is fine!!

Pro Member Trainee
nik_simpson Trainee

hmmphm.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

Yeah thats right!

A little update, if I come to land on the same runway but the other direction everything is fine!!

Yeh, its most likely a fault in FS. There are quite a few around the world in FS, that are off-centered. They problem can be rectified simply though Wink

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Really? How?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm not sure specifically, but I'm fairly sure programs like AFCAD and Rwy12 Object Placer. Someone else might be able to tell you how to do it specifically but meanwhile, have a look at this link:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/112/fs2004-afcad-files/

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

99jolegg has the answer in Afcad
Two options
1 search for an updated afcad for the airport
2 DIY and alter the ILS angle