Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Fokker 100/70 Release v2

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I downloaded the aboove aircraft. Be warned if you want to do this please don't do it with dialup it will take a long time to do so. Generally it is a good piece of software but has a few glitches and I was wondering if anybody else had these problems?

I set the ascent rate at about 1500 fps and no matter what I do the aircraft goes back to between 6 - 700 fps. If I take it off of A/P the same thing. I was thinking maybe there was a hidden tab of some sorts, I couldn't find anything like that either.

On desent the same problem. I set desent at about 1100 fps and the aircraft goes to about 6 - 700 fps. If I hold on the the up or down portion of the vertical wheel it responds in kind. The A/P won't seem to work for some reason.

Computer stats:
Pentium 4 2.6 ghz
250 Gb hard drive
1 GB ram
ATI X 800 Pro 256 mb ddr 3 ram
450 watt power supply
FS 9.1 in stalled. NOCRACK CD for FS9 also installed

The only added on aircraft is the Fokker 100/70 that I have just mentioned.

Come on I know that there is somebody out there that has tried this beautiful little aircraft...!!! There is some guru out there that can help...
Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not too sure because I don't have that problem with it. I have completed many flights with those aircraft and haven't encountered any problems Dont Know Sorry

This post should probably be in the Aircraft forum in FS2004 Wink

Pro Member First Officer

It figures it's just me. Generally I don't have a problem with aircraft just this one. Yes your correct I should have put it in the Aircraft forum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're hurting my feelings, this has been about the only package where I have trusted the installer blindly, have never had any problems with it and I'm sorry to hear that your's doesn't want to behave.

Is it possible that you might have missed the update? Arrow http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=67981&CatID=fs2004gau

Sometimes it can make all the difference.
It's too great an a/c to miss out on. Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,

I didn't see this update. I'll try it and repost. I just flew this again with USAIRWAYS livery it seemed to be a littl bteer then when ATC gave clearance to go to 15000 the vertical problems happened again for asent.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I hope the update will sort things out Ed, if it doesn't I would try a re-install and reboot before loading FS.
--Odd, I've never heard of any problems with that package. You got the panel all figured out? Think

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,

Again thank you for bringing this update to my attention. The panel isn't too difficult, but there are a lot of switches though. I still can't seem to get this thing to desend or ascend fully like if it were a 737, or any other aircraft. I seems prone to the effects of the wind fairly easily. I will do as you suggested and uninstall the Fokker package and reinstall it. You never know...??

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I wish you luck Ed, keep us posted Read

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook,

The same problem prevails. I'll just uninstall FS and reinstall it. Is that what you are suggesting? You don't mean to uninstall Win XP do you? Just checking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

Tailhook,

The same problem prevails. I'll just uninstall FS and reinstall it. Is that what you are suggesting? You don't mean to uninstall Win XP do you? Just checking.

Oh no, no! Sorry for being unclear Ed. Only uninstall -- not delete -- your PF 100/70.
If you chose the default options during the initial installation, yo should have an Uninstall otion in your Start Menu.

This is the path: Start/All Programs/Project Fokker/PF10070 F-10070 Models/Uninstall PF10070 F-10070 Models

After uninstalling, reboot.
After rebooting, do a fresh install of your PF 100/70 using the self-installer -- it's safe. Just follow the simple instructions.

After your fresh install, reboot again.
This 'rebooting bussiness' is just to be on the safe side.

Also, again to be on the safe side, you should have no programs running in the background during installation. I even disable my antivirus... if you do that, don't forget to turn it back on again (enable/activate it).

Fear I hope I haven't caused you any major damage Very Happy