My new PC with Pictures

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

OK today was the that I made my very FIRST PC. Here we go and the case is out of the box (2 Pictures)

Here's the motherboard

Here's the moment of truth to see if I haven't Censored it up. The processor and fan has been fitted, the memory is in, the hard drive is safely in it's home and the graphics card has been fitted.

OK at this stage I was quite scared that this wonderfull machine wouldn't work.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It really does work

In the past hour I just finished load Windows XP SP2 and all the the drivers, (this is a real pain in the Ass )

System Specs

ASUS A8N-SLI 939 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 3700+ 939 processor
2048MB of RAM
160GB SATA-II Hard drive
ASUS Nvidia 6600GT 256MB PCI-Express (SLI) graphic card.

This came to a grand total of £660. Everything is running just fine at the moment (keeps fingers crossed), the only problem I have come across is my internet connection which keeps playing up.

🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻

Liono

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Congratulation Liono.

Make it bleed my friend. 😉 Great System. ❗

Happy flights.... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Congratulations Liono Group Wave

A great machine you've got yourself there. I only wish I could make myself a computer too! Well done again 👍

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Congratulations, you did it. That gives my confidence a boost, I hope I'll be that fortunate to get it done right.

Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Congratulations and nice system spec!!! 😀
Looks like you will be more or less sorted for when fsx comes out.

Pro Member Trainee
MilanNN Trainee

My congratulations as well!!!

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Very nice machine Liono, and some great specs to go with it too! 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

great job Liono!!! well done!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Congratulations Liono!

What kind of PSU do you have and what kind of heatsink?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cheers for the kind comments guys. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work at first. I just made sure that I had the basic commonts fitted and fired it up. If anything went wrong at this stage it's easy to find out the problem and then try again.

Tailhook wrote:

Congratulations Liono!

At the moment I have the stock heat-sink & fan at the moment, this will BE changed next month.
I'm 450watt PSU

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

awesome system liono im from uk and are always interested in the prices of computer upgrade parts where did u get all ur gear from and was it hard to fit it all urself

Ross

Pro Member Chief Captain

peco wrote:

awesome system liono im from uk and are always interested in the prices of computer upgrade parts where did u get all ur gear from and was it hard to fit it all urself

Ross

Here is where I got my hardware from ➡
www.rlsupplies.co.uk

This was only about 30min car journey from where I live. I have also brought from here as well ➡
www.overclockers.co.uk

Overclockers are very good and quick delivery as well. I highly reconmend both of them.

This took me about 2hrs to put together and you can find some very usefull information in some of these magazines that can be found in
WHSmiths
Tesco
Asda
Sainsbury

Hope this has helped you out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Nice PC Liono! Drool

Pro Member Trainee
peco Trainee

Thanks liono very big help check out www.justflight.com they have the c 130 and sr 71 blackbird coming out on box set free delivery in the uk check it out

thanks again
Ross 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Well Done mate!!!! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

well done liono, really good build, must attempt it myself someday!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Cheers for the kind comments guys. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work at first. I just made sure that I had the basic commonts fitted and fired it up. If anything went wrong at this stage it's easy to find out the problem and then try again.

Tailhook wrote:

Congratulations Liono!

At the moment I have the stock heat-sink & fan at the moment, this will BE changed next month.
I'm 450watt PSU

Thanks for the additional info Liono. You seem to have made the right choice of motherboard too 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here's a little update.

Yesterday I took all my information of my old PC and transfered it over (very long process with 1 monitor and 512MB data stick)

Then I thought why not take some of the parts and stick them in my new PC. I took my old sound card and transfered my Heatsink and Fan over. Here was the part I started to worry. Did I still have the left over screws and spanner from when I brought the fan in the first place.
Luckly I found them in a box under the bed. Changing the fan over went quicker than I thought and a lot easier then P4 went. Anyway here the lastest picture with everthing installed a running like a dream come true

All I need to do know is invest in a slient fan (500W+) and add some lights on the case. I think off adding the green and blue from here

Anyway that's it from know

Regards,

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hey, well done on your PC build 👏
That moment where you power up for the 1st time Fear
Well you've done it now,you might just find yourself building one every year ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Yesterday I took all my information of my old PC and transfered it over (very long process with 1 monitor and 512MB data stick)

This made me laugh. I was facing the same dilemma - except my stick only had 256MB capacity. So the folks here in the forums suggested to burn everything on DVD media - problem was, I only had a CD-burner at the time. Got myself a spindle of 25 and used about 20 of those I think. But even with the CD's it took me all night to transfer everything. With a 512 stick that would have taken you all weekend.

I've been curious about the side panel of your case - just had a look at your latest pic but can't make out whether you have to losen screws in order to take it off?

BTW, if you're worried about extra screws, they sell inexpensive assorted packs in Electronic stores.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Liono wrote:

This made me laugh. I was facing the same dilemma - except my stick only had 256MB capacity. So the folks here in the forums suggested to burn everything on DVD media - problem was, I only had a CD-burner at the time. Got myself a spindle of 25 and used about 20 of those I think. But even with the CD's it took me all night to transfer everything. With a 512 stick that would have taken you all weekend.

I've been curious about the side panel of your case - just had a look at your latest pic but can't make out whether you have to losen screws in order to take it off?

BTW, if you're worried about extra screws, they sell inexpensive assorted packs in Electronic stores.

I could of done that Tailhook but I sstuiply put my DVD burner in my new PC and kept the CD burner in the old one Wall Bashing . The good thing was I only had to swap a few music files and a few documents so it wasn't that bad.

The screw's to take of the panel are located at the back like any other case. I have two small bags full a screws that can fit the case so I won't run out anytime soon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

The screw's to take of the panel are located at the back like any other case.

Yea I was wondering about that. I got so sick and tired of undoing those screws and dropping them all over the place everytime I wanted to open the case. I had a technician fix my computer once. After he'd left, I straight away took the side panel off because I wanted to have a look-see.
He'd left one screw inside the case without replacing it and he'd worn down the thread on the other one, which is easily done. Ever since, I'd been ogling a simpler solution and now use a side panel with 'lock' I think they call it. No screws, just fingertips.

Good luck with your further mods.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...