Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

HOW do i fly? please help

guest Guest

Im playing CFS3 and im trying to fly with the keyboard, the turning and the rudder and everything is so god damn delayed its impossible to do any manuvers , how do I fly good. There is no way a real plane handles this sluggishly and wins a war.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I never tried CFS3, but I did have the original CFS and CFS2. To be honest about them I wasn't impressed with either one of them and gave them to my son to play with. He isn't too fond of them either.

I have seen people who claim to be able to fly OK with the keyboard, but I'm not one of them. In my opinion you need at least a cheap stick to be able to fly, and you can get a joy stick with twist handle (for rudder control) for $30 or less.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk states the obvious... you need a joy stick. It's a fact, without a joy stick -- no joy.

But you too, are stating the obvious:

guest wrote:

There is no way a real plane handles this sluggishly and wins a war.

...or in other words: There is no way a real plane wins a war by being flown with a keyboard ➡ Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I agree, use a joy stick......where have I heard that before??????

It sounds like you may be suffering from low frame rate also. Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 is very demanding on a computer system. Unless you have a good processor and video card, the game(yes, it is a game) is very difficult to control. What are the specifications of your system? 🙂
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for system requirements.

I would recommend a minimum of a 2 GHz processor, 128 MB video card and 512 MB RAM.

WarHawk42 wrote:

I never tried CFS3, but I did have the original CFS and CFS2. To be honest about them I wasn't impressed with either one of them and gave them to my son to play with. He isn't too fond of them either.

I have seen people who claim to be able to fly OK with the keyboard, but I'm not one of them. In my opinion you need at least a cheap stick to be able to fly, and you can get a joy stick with twist handle (for rudder control) for $30 or less.

I don't have a joystick, but use a mouse for cfs 1 and 2, which works fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Enjoy the mouse but I would get a joy stick....good luck.