Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Most Scenic Approach

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Which is the most scenic approach you have seen on FS2004?

UK airports dont seem to have much details. I have just landed at Ronald Regan INTL and there was far more detail than any ive seen so far in the UK.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Most of US ports are high detailed.
Its obvious why...because US is the motherland of MS.
But there are hundreds of add-on sceneries for many airports of the world.
MS couldn't do all the airports high detailed because in this case we have to buy 114 CDs instead of 4. Wink

Although the most international airports of many countries are good enough. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Try:

Innsbruck,Austria (LOWI).

KPGA Look to the West and you will see Hoover Dam. Turn South West and follow the river through the Grand Canyon. Do it low and fast in a Jet if you can! Set the sim rate to X2 or X4 for a real thrill!! " I feel the need,the need for speed"

Lake County Airport (CO) KLXV Lake County Airport, Leadville, CO. This airport is at an elevation of 9927 making it a bit of a challenge to get into and out of with a standard C-172. Make sure you lean out your engine before taking off and read up on density altitude before you try this one in real life. Play around with the tempature(HOT) See what happens to your climb rate! " That was some of the best flying I've seen yet, right up to the part where you got killed"

HOLLWOOD SIGN (CA) In the hills of L.A. N 34* 6.60 W118* 19.25 1500' Heading 020 "Watch the mountains! Do some of that pilot sh**!"

Mount Rushmore(SD) N43* 52.58 W103* 32.84 6,600' Heading 130 " Hard deck my a**, we nailed that son of a bi***!" Buzz the dead Presedents.

Aircraft Carrier CVN-63 Kitty Hawk Off the coast of San Francisco ( Located at N37*44.39 W122* 38.32 1000ft. Heading 063). SAU (116.2) VOR 200 radial 8 DME. Fly Northwest out of San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Heading 200 from the Golden Gate bridge. Deck is about Heading 060.
"Maverick requesting a fly by"....."Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern's full"

(X68) Space Shuttle landing Facility(FL) Look for the Obiters on the pad.
"Kennedy, We have a problem"

(KAVX) Catalina Island(CA) Has a VOR approach should you care. Short strip, no Lears! " Maverick's in a flat spin, he's going out to sea!"

Golden Gate Bridge Loop the bridge near KSFO in the Extra 300! When you think you're good, do an Outside loop around the bridge!!! "I'm not leaving my wingman!"

Try flying thru The Arch in St. Louis with your choice of aircraft. It's just to the East of (KSTL). " Watch the buildings, Maverick" Smile

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Yes i would agree with Innsbruck Austria (LOWI). I do not know about US airports. Another nice one in Europe is the south of France if you have any mesh. Routing from the North down into Nice, Cote D'Azur, gives you a very nice approach in. You come over the mountains and decend down towards the sea. Then make you turnings to land at the airport right on the coast.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the list CRJCapt.I admit that i always been curious about how will be the port i wll going to land on... Shocked

Now i have a guide. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I think one of the attractive ones has to be the approach to Vancouver International from the east, I doubt it practicable with a low ceiling aircraft. It was a great surprise to me to see how great are the distance across the continent at that point.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I took this screen dump from the bell helicopter at the NASA shuttle landing facility (x68). Its really cool that place Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Top Approaches For Me:

TNCM
KLAS rwy 7L or rwy 19R
KDEN

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I agree with PanAmerican. TNCM is such a beautiful place to go.
If you fly heavies, try to land a 747 of KLM or a A340 of Air France. The approach is excellent, lots of bikini girls Razz, and a challenging landing with full reverse thrust and heavy braking Wink Are you up for that challenge? I landed an A340-300 of Air France twice, and I can tell you what, the whole approach is wonderful. Just go there and see it for yourself Wink