Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

General Help

Pro Member Trainee
GIranger Trainee

Installed FS2004 and ran fine after I got the bugs out. Had to recover my computer due to viruses and reinstalled FS2004 with update. Also installed System Mechanic 6Pro and when I started FS while flying I have the menu bar up top and cant get rid of it. Any suggestions? I also just installed Radeon 9550 graphic card and its still there. Although the graphics are 500% better than the integrated one I had before. I also just ran the game without SM6 Pro running and didnt change anything. Is there something I can do to get rid of it? WinXP 1.8 Athlon 512MB mem and above graphics card. Thanks Jeff

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Create a flight and start it.Hit Alt/Views and there you have to tick the Full Screen choice,or you can simple hit ALT+Enter .

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

did it work for you??

If its any consolation, a friend of mine ran it on his laptop and has the menu bar showing and it increased his frame rate considerably.

Micah Wink

Pro Member Trainee
GIranger Trainee

Thanks, the alt+enter worked. Now I know how to bring it up and close it LOL
One more question, while flying how do you check your refresh rate? Before the system restore and new video card I was around 5fps. pretty slow so I want to see how the new card is holding up. thanks again Jeff

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Shift+Z will give you the FPS.

Pro Member Trainee
GIranger Trainee

Thanks, I have around 17-25 fps. That is pretty good considering i only had 5 fps last time. Much better flying too. Thanks all.