Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New to FS2004

Dave1280 Guest

Hey there, I am getting my new copy of FS2004 today, and I am interested in downloading some additions to create a more realistic simulation. I want to add all the major commercial airlines as they are in real life, but where is the best place to do this? I am very confused between "liveries" (what are liveries anyway?) and "repaints" and such... If I download an update, will that change only my plains that I fly or will it change the AI planes as well, the latter being the desired effect. I'm very confused... Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I could safely say that "liveries" and "repaints" are more or less the same. it's the "skin" of the aircraft.

If you want extra (AI) traffic read this post. Others that say "Ultimate Traffic" will help also.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/967/my-new-ultimate-traffic-arrived/

You can also load the "No-CD-Crack", that'll help you launch the Sim without using disk #4.
Last on this post.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/41/fs-2004-no-cd-crack-file/

Great aircraft:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/ Right here.

http://pmstone.com/ The master.

Good luck and enjoy, see you soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Hello and welcome to fs9
Well seeing as you have just put a dent in your wallet by buying fs9 today
you can increase your traffic for free with this Arrow

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/726/project-ai-v25/

The more you d/load from this site the more traffic you will get.

Another handy little program is Afcad2 this will let you alter airports(increase parking spaces..more parking = more traffic) Arrow

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1232/afcad-221-for-fs2004/

And a site that Radar forgot is Arrow

for some of the best in Airbus

Ive just got hold of Traffic 2004 and can say its excellent Arrow

Its under 20 in the uk

There we go........we are spending your money already
If you get stuck someone here will always try to help you out

Good luck and happy landings

Dave1280 Guest

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help... hopefully I'll get it with a little practice

Dave1280 Guest

Where would you guys suggest to find a nice neat package that contains most, if not all, the real world airline repaints? I don't mind spending a little money on something if it is pretty thorough. Thanks!

PS Do the repaint files automatically assign new detail to random aircraft? How does that work? For example, if I downloaded one new repaint, would every AI aircraft (and my own for that matter) be in the colors of that repaint?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy That really depends on where you are, Im in the UK and was going to get Ultimate traffic but its unavailable at the moment,so I got hold of Traffic 2004 and can only say WOW.
All the liveries are there except American Airlines (they are just called A)something to do with copywrite

Radar man has UT ,so he will be able to answer any questions about that

I have Traffic 2004 and can answer any questions about it

You may find this post useful Arrow

I do'nt know but there seems to be a 3rd traffic add on called My Traffic 2004(or is it the same as Traffic2004 ?)

Good luck & happy landings

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is the site of "Ultimate Traffic", it has many panels and adjustments for assigning repaints. You get a variety, it's quite realistic in it's placements of airlines to specific cities.

http://www.flight1.com/esd-products.asp?product=utraffic

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Sorry .......here is the link for Traffic2004 Arrow

http://www.justflight.com/traffic2004-home.asp

And a link to the other one My Traffic 2004 Arrow

https://www.simshack.net/products/traffic-360-ai-traffic-fsx-prepar3d-688

Are there any more of these traffic add ons?

I hope it helps

TTT

Thanks for the great links! What would happen then if I bought bothj products (Ultimate Traffic and Traffic 2004) and installed them on my computer? Would I get double the realism? Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dont Know The only thing I could think of is that there wouldn't be enough gates for all of them to park.
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Kick

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fear I tried running traff2004 and ProjectAi and there was far too much traffic.Even setting T2004 at 50% So off went ProjectAi(youve been good)and now set it at 80%
The only drawback that I can see is the time it takes to settle down Eg If I start fs9 and create a flight from Heathrow to anywhere there are so many aircraft trying to leave it takes for ever to get to the runway(thats about right then) but go to a smaller airport and it takes about 10-15 mins to settle as you still get the initail rush to leave (I do speed up fs to get over this....R and + together R and - to slow)
I still would like to try UT but running them together Fear Perhaps with both set at 40% Maybe
The only other reason may be for a specific airline but T2004 has over 120 airline/operators and a tool to add more if needed (Idid)
Unless you can borrow a copy(purely for research of course)I would stick with what you have Secret I am working on my mate with UT

So untill then Ill stick with T2004
One last plus for T2004 is that if you run fs2002 and have not gone for fs9 yet T2004 comes with T2002 So its a good upgrade if your planning on fs9 in the future

Hope it helps

TTT

Dave1280 Guest

After looking through the various products that were recommended to me, I think I'll go with Ultimate Traffic, based solely on the fact that they seem to have more of everything (aircraft, repaints, and routes) Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'll like it, the installation takes a while but it's quite easy.
Enjoy, I like it very much.

Dave1280 Guest

Im bumping this up because it has a lot of useful information for those who are interested, thanks again guys! Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Laughing
TTT and radarman,

You have tried to help me in the past few weeks but this time if you could help me we may get somewhere. I am trying to add some aircraft to my new FS2004. I went to the MS site where you can get SDks for FSxxx. Is there a safe way to get this from here? Or is it best to go to MS site and download the SDK. And I thought that it would be loaded into FS2004.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
ed Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Confused Im not sure what you want to do
If you just want to add aircraft you can d/load from here or any other fs site
The SDKs are for programmers and I quote from the ms site Arrow

Although portions of the SDK may prove useful to Flight Simulator enthusiasts with little or no programming experience, keep in mind that many parts of the SDK assume familiarity with XML, the C programming language, and game development.

Ermm... There clear as mud Confused

Hope it helps

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

As clear as mud????? So if I downloaded and unzipped what I have this should work for FS2004?????

Thank you,
Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Still Confused
What is it you want to do exactly?

If you just want to add aircraft, then you do-not need the SDKs

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

I just wanted to add aircraft. I wasn't sure if I needed SDKs to do that or not.

Thanks,

Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Just d/load the aircraft and enjoy

The same applies to scenery, no SDK required

Glad to have helped Razz

Pro Member First Officer

TTT,

Thanks again. I tried to put an aircraft in but it doesn't showup in Create a Flight?

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ed,
TTT is probably Sleep right now.

Read and follow this post and I think that it'll work for you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1510/new-aircraft-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Radarman,

Thanks he probably is horizontal. I'll try them again tomorrow, I hope that I can find this link again. I would do mit tonight but we just got back from vacation for a week and waking up when we wanted to.
Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Sleep WHAT ? me No, No! Liar

Did Radar mans link help?

Oh and make sure the aircraft is for fs9....some older aircraft cause problems

Pro Member First Officer

TTT Radarman,

I got two downloads both for FS2004. One is ERJ145. I put it into the aircraft folder and started FS and it built the scenerary etc. I also downloaded SR-71A and tried the same thing and it won't do the same thing. I moved it into the folders as I did with ERJ145 and it didn't work??? So I printed the readme and followed the directions: Unzip anywhere you like.
Copy the aircraft the effects and the gauges folders to the main folder of Flight Simulator 9.
Open FS 9 and search in the aircraft index for Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unzip it, and you have three items.
1-Read-me.
2-Base textures-Dump it.
3-serj145 folder. Put that folder into you main aircraft folder the way it is. Don't separate anything.

You should be able to find it, put "Any" in the top window and then scroll the bottom window of the menu until you see it.
It should be listed under "LockHeed".

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Radarman,

The ERJ145 loads ok there isn't any Base textures. When flying or on the ground there isn't a "VIRTUAL COCKPIT" just openess. I went to the FS2004 downloads to get the ERJ145 and SR-71A Black Bird. The readme text shows that it is for FS2002. The SR-71A shows that it is for FS2004. Now I am realy confused...??????

OY VEY...!!!