SearchSearch 

Nasa / Long Runway

alastairg100 Guest

Does anyone know where the longest runway in te world is because at Area 51 which i have downloaded my AN-225 needs about 1 1/2 times the length of the longest runway there before it even thinks about taking off. Is this just my variation of the aircraft or is like this with all of them because i have seen one take off at the old RAF base in Finninley which it can't on flight sim. Is there a way of altering the aeroplane's speed and acceleration?

Also where do NASA land their space ships in the US because i have forgotton and is it possible to fly any of their space ships and does anyone know where you can download them.

Many Thanks
Alastair

12 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Ulyanovsk-Vostochny International Airport (UWLW), Russia is the longest runway in the world as far as I know at 16404ft. You should be able to get your AN-225 off that runway easily. At full capacity, it should not need much more than 10000 feet to take off with good weather conditions.

You can alter the aircraft's acceleration and thrust output in the aircrafts config file in the FS9 Aircraft folder.

Don't know about where NASA land their space craft Dont Know

😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

They land at X68 - NASA shuttle landing facility. It is part of fs2004

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

NASA lands the shuttle at Kennedy Space Center Florida (primary)and Edwards Air Force Base California (alternate). Sorry I don't have the location names for you. They are both about 15,000 plus or minus some.

alastairg100 Guest

Thanks for that, does anyone know whether you can fly any of their aircraft and actually enter space or are you just restricted to the Earth's atmosphere.

Thanks
Alastair

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You're restricted to the earths atmosphere.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

alastairg100 wrote:

Thanks for that, does anyone know whether you can fly any of their aircraft and actually enter space or are you just restricted to the Earth's atmosphere.

Thanks
Alastair

😳 🙄 😳

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

If you want to fly in space download a simulator called orbiter..> Its free and pretty good if I remember.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

Doyley wrote:

If you want to fly in space download a simulator called orbiter..> Its free and pretty good if I remember.

I just recently downloaded that. It's actually very realistic. You will have to download the sound configuration for even better sound. You can find the link for it at orbiters main page.

Flyboy92

also, greater rockford airport has a 10,000 foot runway. KRFD It's about 8 miles from my house! Oh it's in the u.s too. (illinois).

Happy flying

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1368/orbiter-space-flight-simulator-for-windows/

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

If you want to fly in space, try X planes or the free program Obiter.
🙂
https://www.simshack.net/products/x-plane-10-flight-simulator-windows-mac-linux-622

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1368/orbiter-space-flight-simulator-for-windows/

Last edited by CRJCapt on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

it's not that hard to get the 225 off the ground! it recently flew out of birmingham - which isn;t a huuuge runway. when i used to have it i'd crank the flaps down to about 10degrees for take off.