93%  [ 43 ]
Female
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 46

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,

I am in no way being sexist in this post, but just wondering how many members were male or female?

I know that there is quite a considerable gap between male and female pilots in the real world and wondered if this is reflected in the virtual world....plz vote 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We do have a number of female pilots here and I for one enjoy hearing from them. They have a different perspective on the sim and flying in general.
I know of one personally and she has a wonderful time with the sim and is by all means an excellent pilot and computer user.
I only wish we could have more of them as members Yes , so watch your language there are ladies present. ❤️

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

well im a guy and im quite surprised i thought there would be more females here than there are

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Im a guy too! 😉 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

are the women here going to show themselves? I am curious to know who they are.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

The poll shows a great majority of males around Flyaway. I can't actually think of one active female member Blush

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I see two votes for females...or maybe someones has vote for fun or hidding Ninja very well 😂

As Jon sais i cant think of a female active member here... Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There is a third possibility though - but as it's overlooked easily, I won't bear a grudge.
Whether or not I was able to cast my vote, I'll keep to myself.

http://avsim.com/ do an annual 'Demographic Survey'. You can view the result once you've completed the survey.

AVSIM periodically performs a survey of our hobby. Your participation in this poll is extremely important as it assists us in improving our service to you, and commercial and freeware vendors in our hobby. You contribution to this survey is invaluable and very much appreciated by the staff of AVSIM Online.

Madbrit Guest

So El Dorado, SH is in Middlesex then?

Twisted Evil

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well im a guy if you didn't see the name already.

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

Madbrit wrote:

So El Dorado, SH is in Middlesex then?

Twisted Evil

ROFL ROFL ROFL

BTW Tailhook, where the heck is El Dorado, SH?

Madbrit Guest

Tailhook wrote:

http://avsim.com/ do an annual 'Demographic Survey'. You can view the result once you've completed the survey.

You can see the results here without taking the survey. It is the first entry on the list.

http://www.avsim.com/poll/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Madbrit wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

You can see the results here without taking the survey. It is the first entry on the list.

Would you mind being more explicit - what am I missing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Madbrit wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

He probably want's us to see the results of the male to female results of avsims FS9 survey.
http://www.avsim.com/poll/stats.php?sid=6&st=a&vw=q13

http://www.avsim.com/poll/stats.php?sid=6 Full results.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Madbrit wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

He probably want's us to see the results of the male to female results of avsims FS9 survey.
http://www.avsim.com/poll/stats.php?sid=6&st=a&vw=q13

http://www.avsim.com/poll/stats.php?sid=6 Full results.

Radar

I see... so you have to click on responses first in order to get to the results which takes us to the second link you provided.

And I kept clicking on The AVSIM 2006 Demographic Survey - Where is my logic Wall Bashing

Thanks for clearing that up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Lol, I think it's the fictional place in disneys movie "The Road to El Dorado"

Where do you really come from Tailhook...?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

He can't come from El Darado Sh?? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Lol, I think it's the fictional place in disneys movie "The Road to El Dorado"

Where do you really come from Tailhook...?

Lol, never heard of that movie before! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,

I am in no way being sexist in this post, but just wondering how many members were male or female?

I know that there is quite a considerable gap between male and female pilots in the real world and wondered if this is reflected in the virtual world....plz vote 🙂

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Why is okay to ask, in effect, what is your gender, when it clearly would be offensive to ask what is your religion, race, nationality or ethnicity?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

God only knows CG. 😂

Did everybody who's going to get it understand the joke? Good. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Why is okay to ask, in effect, what is your gender, when it clearly would be offensive to ask what is your religion, race, nationality or ethnicity?

Personal social types and beliefs. Isn't what is offensive, in the eye of the beholder as it were? I wouldn't find any of the above questions offensive Dont Know But I see what you mean 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,

Offensive???Why???If someone wants to answer he answers...if not..its ok. Dont Know
These questions are the most common questions of the world after ''whats your name'' maybe...They are not offensive,and noone must take them as offensive ones. ❗

My humble opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

leachus2002 wrote:

Hey Peeps,

I've got my thoughts on this. I take it your query is to be seen in direct connection with the demography of FS rather than in general?

This seems to be unclear, if I interpret the responses so far correctly.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good point. I think my concern starts with the form of the question, "Male or Female".

Can you imagine the furor if the question were, "White or Black" or "Christian or Non-Christian"? Why, then, is the "Male of Female" question acceptable?

Unless I missed reading a post, none of the participants in the pole who said they were female, identified themselves. While my assumption is hardly scientific, I suspect it is because there was some level of discomfort in doing so.

Do questions such as these create an, "us vs. them" condition?

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Good point. I think my concern starts with the form of the question, "Male or Female".

Can you imagine the furor if the question were, "White or Black" or "Christian or Non-Christian"? Why, then, is the "Male of Female" question acceptable?

Asking religion or colour is not in the same ball park as asking whether male or female.

If you were to ask me my gender It would be in no way offensive, so long as my response didn't disappoint you.

To ask my race or religion would be questionable. 😕

Just a view from a Christian white male! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Excuse me but i want understand(my bad English understanding hits me again)and ask something...Since when such kind of questions arent acceptable?
Is it shame to be black,Christian,male,Caucasian, or whatever?I dont think so ❗

Such kind of things bring to my mind some bad moments of hummanity...there is no us,them,we,the others or anything...
We enjoy the same sun,the same air(we fly too)the same planet...The same problems,and we all have rights to be whatever we like(and we must proud be for it)but we also have the charge to respect others too.Since we dont bother or bothered i think its everything ok.

Separators are the worst kind of animals you can ever meet ❗

Only my personal opinion and not offensive at all to friends that think the opposite.

Pro Member Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Asking religion or colour is not in the same ball park as asking whether male or female.

If you were to ask me my gender It would be in no way offensive, so long as my response didn't disappoint you.

To ask my race or religion would be questionable. 😕

Just a view from a Christian white male! 😀

Do you suppose you would feel the same way if you were a Muslim female? 😉

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

why wouldn't i?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Separators are the worst kind of animals you can ever meet ❗

Only my personal opinion and not offensive at all to friends that think the opposite.

Greekman, you are probably the least offensive person on the planet. 😉

So why do we always ask questions that cause people to separate into different groups?

I am certain that the question that started this thread was entirely innocent. But, FS is generally regarded as a "boy toy" (I hate that expression) so asking anyone to identify themselves as part of a "minority" might be cause for discomfort.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

From the point you see it im not disagree at all dear Crash.
As far as about the question for questions ,,,hmmm...its indeed another view of the point.
I want to believe that when we ask someone about gender,religion etc starts from interesting and curiosity and dont hide bad purposes(i repeat i want to believe).
As you state very right this post starts from an innocent question although it has a very interesting course,and i like it if it remains to this level because i dont want to see another locked topic.

It has been,very precise, noticed that the 3 female voters dont identify themselves(they have every right to do it of course )but we have two options here.
Somebody to vote for fun or some people are feel more women than men.
I dont like the first case,not because im not a friend of fun but because these guys didnt respect a poll and its results,for the second chance i respect everyone choices and i can clearly understand silence although i believe that it isnt necessary cause ,at least me,i have no problem with it.

Thanks for your kind comment about being the less offensive man of the universe 😉 😂 ...but you dont know me in person 😉 😂 ...if we have the chance we could discuss it again... 😀 😀 😀

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I am certain that the question that started this thread was entirely innocent. But, FS is generally regarded as a "boy toy" (I hate that expression) so asking anyone to identify themselves as part of a "minority" might be cause for discomfort.

I agree with that, but the fact that it is asked in a forum where there is no direct or indirect pressure to conform to answering then I don't see any discomfort being caused. If you don't feel comfortable answering then that is someone's prerogative. Just my opinion 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Thanks for your kind comment about being the less offensive man of the universe 😉 😂 ...but you dont know me in person 😉 😂 ...if we have the chance we could discuss it again... 😀 😀 😀

😉

You never know, greekman. I'm like bird poop. I can show up anywhere. 😂

Maybe I've made too much of this. If so, sorry for the noise.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Aviation, real world or not, is very male dominated.

Therefor asking the question "male or female" out of pure curiosity is perfectly reasonable.

Does it matter? ? i think not ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

😉

You never know, greekman. I'm like bird poop. I can show up anywhere. 😂

Maybe I've made too much of this. If so, sorry for the noise.

It will be a pleasure and you dont make too much...noise... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

Therefor asking the question "male or female" out of pure curiosity is perfectly reasonable.

Oh dear. 😞 Perhaps I am too caught up in the nuances of language, but "dominated" has connotations that are a bit worrisome.

I wouldn't know about curiosity. I'm probably the least curious person around.

ARD_DC Guest

Well, as I am sure no offence was intended, how about 'males are predominantly present' then... to be considered as fact only 🙂

Regarding the previous debate, I think Jolegg put it best, it really comes down to the eye of the beholder.

In itself, presuming there's no 'hidden agenda' or whatever it's called, the 'separating' questions as CG put it, are in my opinion perfectly harmless, after all, we are all unique right, so why is there a desire for everyone to to be viewed "the same" when we are not ?

I am also intrigued - albeit just slightly - with the composition of the forum population so to say. In a sense it would be interesting to know from which parts of the world everyone is, or which religion people follow etc.

As long as everyone is treated with equal respect, we don't all need to be the same 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

kianok wrote:

Oh dear. 😞 Perhaps I am too caught up in the nuances of language, but "dominated" has connotations that are a bit worrisome.

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

kianok wrote:

Best way to be Crash 😀

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

well hang on i,ll take a look,
yes im male 100% man"!!
😂 😂