Embarassing Question .

Pro Member Trainee
nik_simpson Trainee

Hi , well i have been playing FS9 for about 6 months now , and i have gotten very good at flying small planes manually and doing short distance flights , i have never used Auto pilot , so i was wondering , how do you use auto pilot and how do you dile in the stuff so you can like go from a city to another city.. like is it already programed in it or what ? and if not can you give me some cordanits. Thanks Very much .

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Yaw damping is a means of making small automatic rudder corrections to keep the plane from wobbling.. Back course takes to long to type so here is a link http://www.flightsimbooks.com/learning/flight25.php that explains it. I also seem to recall there is a sticky thread somewhere on this suite that goes into ILS approaches that contains info on it as well.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Wrong topic I think but thanks for the reply Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

nik_simpson wrote:

Hi , well i have been playing FS9 for about 6 months now , and i have gotten very good at flying small planes manually and doing short distance flights , i have never used Auto pilot , so i was wondering , how do you use auto pilot and how do you dile in the stuff so you can like go from a city to another city.. like is it already programed in it or what ? and if not can you give me some cordanits. Thanks Very much .

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Look at the last part of that post and it will tell you how to enter an airport into the GPS as a destination. The ILS approach guides in that post will help you with the AP and approaching the airport. To follow the pink line on the GPS, you need to have the GPS/NAV switch to GPS, and engage the NAV button on the AP. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
nik_simpson Trainee

Thanks so much. Now any one know how to use AP regularly for like takoff , and the rest of flight ? ty.

~~~~~~ nik

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Stick to the same aircraft/panel for a while because the APs look and work differently on different panels.

Program all the necessary data into AP before take-off but don't switch it on yet. Once you're safely in the air, with flaps and gear retracted, switch on AP and watch what happens.

You have to input data every time before you take-off... if that's what you mean by regularly.

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

dude there in response to your topic title, the only embarassing question is the question that isnt asked Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

dude there in response to your topic title, the only embarassing question is the question that isnt asked Wink

True 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...