SearchSearch 

listen to the real world ACT, it's so much different and fun

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=class-b

I hope FSX will get rid of the stiff and robotic ATC controlers, at least say good day at the end of transmision 😀

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That's a great site. I used to listen to it everyday until i got my scanner. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It would be good to have improved ATC sounds 👍

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

If you're interested in flying with very realistic ATC well before FSX comes out, you should start flying on VATSIM! It's definitly a great way to go, and in busy hours it's tough to differentiate it from real world ATC.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Live ATC scares the heck out of me with some of the larger airports, they never seem to stop talking! 😂

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

originalgrunge wrote:

If you're interested in flying with very realistic ATC well before FSX comes out, you should start flying on VATSIM! It's definitly a great way to go, and in busy hours it's tough to differentiate it from real world ATC.

I actually registered with vatsim, I hesitated to use it because I would lose all the AI aircraft, airliners and GAs, so the sky becomes a lonely place once again inspite of more realistic ATC......
I hope they can work out a way that human ATC mix with the AI, and still keep the AI aircraft in the sky, but I guess its a tough tast, becase how the heck the human can work with the AI! I cant figure out.... 😕

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

I hope they can work out a way that human ATC mix with the AI

That will never happen.

Still, I think the real ATC more than offsets the "loneliness". Oh, by the way, try participating in a "fly-in" (an event) and see how lonely it is ;p Hundreds of flgihts in tight quarters with 3-4 control stations struggling. It feels quite real.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

I hope they can work out a way that human ATC mix with the AI

That will never happen.

Well I wouldn't say never. There are people out there who have figured out how manipulate SB3 and mix the two (a pretty sneaky approach), but I still can't figure out how that works. "Speedbird 83, taxi into position and hold, you're number one for takeoff" -> "Sorry, according to my traffic i'm number 13, so just put my clearance on hold for a while!"

Is the stream on there real time. I would use my scanner, but it really only works if you put it right up to the tower. Mad

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

nottobe,

Excellent link. JFK is very busy indeed even at 22:00. I haven't listened to the international yet.

Thanks