ForceWare Release 80
Version: 81.98
Release Date: February 7, 2006
WHQL Certified

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks for the heads up TTT Cheers!

When you go to that link, I'm guessing I should be downloading GeForce and TNT2 drivers. I've got a Nvidia GeForce 5200 card. Just thought I'd check before I install Wink

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I download these drivers before three days.
I install them(with unistall the old ones and disabled the antivirus etc) but except the fact that i didnt notice any big change , when FS loads to start the splashscreen was like flashing for some seconds.Inside FS and with the AA settings to 4x(as i always use to had) i dont take the performance and the smooth edges i had with the old ones...So im back to the old ones.I have an Asus GeForce6600 256.

Of course there are possibilites of a mistake from my part .... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

99jolegg Yes ,you want the GeForce and TNT2 drivers

GM Nvidia now say that when loading new drivers,you just overwrite them,no need to uninstall,just run the download.
I dont know if it makes any difference,by unloading 1st,but they work fine for me
Umm... not that I ever notice much difference Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Nvidia now say that when loading new drivers,you just overwrite them,no need to uninstall,just run the download.

Installation instructions from the current page would contradict your statement TTT. Arrow http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_installation_hints.html

Could you be more specific? Read

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I follow the instructions that Tailhook very well spotted.
Although when i get back home i will follow your instructions TTT and if you have the time give us a link to them please. Wink

Anyway thanks for the info. Wink Smile

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well having recently installed the latest GT6600 256Mb Graphics card, this update does nothing, except slow it down. And incidentally this GT66oo was an update to a Ge48ooi card, and I honestly, haven't noticed any improvement.

Can waste a lot of money chasing false promises.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the info! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Nice find TTT!