Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Weather

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

What weather settings do you use?

When I was learning to land I always used to clear all the weather as landing was hard enough. Now im getting better at landings I have set it to real world weather ( which is a great idea by microsft). Landings are really tricky again now. You think you are bang on with the centre of the runway and about 15 seconds before touchdown you get a crosswind and you have hardly any chance to get lined up again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I mostly use real world weather, but I am starting to use the built in weather settings now, like Cold Fronts and Fair Weather etc. Real world weather is far more fun though 😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

In Britain the weather is always terrible which makes landings pretty challenging. But im sure it will make me much better when it comes to landings.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I use real world weather too. It makes the flight more chellenging 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

I use real world weather too. It makes the flight more chellenging 😉

Same here,except sometimes which i like more challenge and i use built in weather... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I used to use the "Real Weather Updates" with in the sim but kept on getting angry with them updating every 15 Mins. I use Active Sky 6 which is a more realistic weather programe and you can use the archive system and produce weather from any period in time. If you wanted to try fly in the recent hurricane's you can. For information about Active Sky visit there website at http://www.hifisim.com

Regards,

Liono

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I use real weather updates mainly for the extra reality factor. Only time i use user defined weather is when practising ILS landing in poor visibility. Fear

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i quite often use clear weather as it enables me to look at the great scenery, but i also use realtime weather, and as i fly mainly in the uk, i get a lot of rain!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i usually use real world. but for some reason i've had it set on cold fronts recently, makes for some tricky times in a small plane!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I used to fly with my own settings but now I fly with real world settings 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

I use real world most of the time. Situations when looking for more dificulty. IFR flight with the visability cranked down make it real exciting hoping to see the runway before you have to call a go around.

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

lkw wrote:

I use real world most of the time. Situations when looking for more dificulty. IFR flight with the visability cranked down make it real exciting hoping to see the runway before you have to call a go around.

you dont always have to see the runway thats why you have a glideslope on the ILS. follow the glideslope and you should be right on the dot

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I always use real weather, and since I started over in FSP I've only been flying local routes within my state with my lil Mooney and its been exceptionally windy here as of late so it seems every landing and takeoff of late have all included quite hefty cross winds, makes things interesting.