SearchSearch 

DOWNLOADING PROBLEMS

Pro Member Trainee
lbikid25 Trainee

I am looking for easy and GOOD directions on how to put add-ons onto my Flight simulator 2004 Please Help Me!!!!

P.S
tomthetank do not answer these directions
if you don't have easy directions. Thanks

2 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Try these because they are very good and if you have any problems come back and ASK 😉 -

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

lbikid25 wrote:

I am looking for easy and GOOD directions on how to put add-ons onto my Flight simulator 2004 Please Help Me!!!!

What you have to understand is that directions / instructions on how to install add-ons is a two-way affair.

The reason is simple: There are not two computers that are exactly the same and we all run different software such as different OSs and have our settings changed to our individual preferences.

Because of the variety of set-ups not one set of instructions will suit every user.

Instructions are not GOOD or BAD. They are what you make of them. It takes two to tango. Instructions cannot tango alone. You'll have to be the dancing partner. You'll have to make an effort.

No-one here knows what your set-up is. No-one here knows which part of the instructions you're struggling with. No-one here knows what you're trying to install.

Unless you are willing to make an effort, you'll have to buy all your add-ons or only install freeware that comes with an installer.

How to make an effort? Familiarize yourself with your system, make sure you know how to do basic tasks in Windows. If you have Windows XP you don't need WinZip it can complicate matters.

When you ask for help, be precise and mention your OS and which extraction tool you are using, always include the filename and the source of the file.
Walk before you run. Concentrate on one add-on at a time. Stay away from exotic add-ons, many of those are difficult to install. Go with the mainstream at the beginning. Read
Idea