SearchSearch 

can't get downloads to work

zoomer Guest

Can anyone help
I download files and unzip them and add them to my flight simulator folder , then click on the aircraft icon in that folder, this starts flight simulator , but then a window pops up saying can't find folder or its corrupt.
HAVE I DOWNLOADED IT INCORRECTLY???

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Read careful the following guide ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

You say that you click the aircraft icon of a folder?I dont get this.
FS starts from desktop shortcut or from the FS9.exe which is located to main FS folder in program files...Or i miss something?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I think he means that when he goes into the Main FS Directory he then goes into the main Aircraft Folder 😕

But I think the download you are trying to install isn't going to work and so I think that you shouldn't try much more effort to install it if it's corrupt.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

zoomer wrote:

Can anyone help
I download files and unzip them and add them to my flight simulator folder , then click on the aircraft icon in that folder, this starts flight simulator , but then a window pops up saying can't find folder or its corrupt.
HAVE I DOWNLOADED IT INCORRECTLY???

If you know how to do basic tasks in Windows, I can't see how you could 'download incorrectly'.

The 'files' you are referring to --- I assume they are aircraft? ... or are they textures?
Don't just unzip files and add them to your flight simulator folder willy-nilly. Study the readme file and the installation instructions of each file separately. Install one file at a time.

When the pop-up window says the file is corrupt... there's not much you can do except download it again or from another source. As soon as you unzip it, you'll know whether it's corrupt or not.

If the pop-up window says 'can't find folder' the causes can be many, but since we don't know what you have done -- we don't know what the cause is.

We can only troubleshoot if you give us precise details of what you're doing and of the file concerned. Read