Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help make Office better!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The message Help make Office better! keeps popping up (in a little balloon I think it's called) when I'm in MS Word.

Is there a way to get rid of it for good?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've never seen that, try right clicking on it and see what comes up.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks, I'll try that if I can remember and catch it the next time Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
jarred_01 Chief Captain

When you say a 'balloon', would that possibly be a type of that annoying office assistant?

If so try right clicking on it, click options and then deselect the checkbox 'display alerts', possibly some more or different options.

See how you go, I'm probably wrong! Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jarred_01 wrote:

When you say a 'balloon', would that possibly be a type of that annoying office assistant?

If so try right clicking on it, click options and then deselect the checkbox 'display alerts', possibly some more or different options.

See how you go, I'm probably wrong! Laughing

Good thinking Jarred but... I think that silly paper clip is not present in Office 2003. I've never changed any default settings and have already installed Office several times -- no office assistant (thankfully there was an easy way to do away with it in Office 2000).
I think what I'm referring to is called a balloon tip though it looks like a speech bubble and needless to say, it always pops up when you least need it --- but now, when I want to have a look at it to describe it better... it hides.

I've been trampling around in the 'Options' now for a while but can't find 'display alerts' Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have you think of the possibility this message referring to the entire room area and not to the program? Big Grin

Seriously now, if you are using office 2003 i notice(yesterday )that they have realized a new service pack(i think number 2 or 3,i dont remember well Embarassed ) Probably if you disable the auto updates or choose not to be bothered again for this update or if finally you update your system this message will disappears.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Greekman, I've just visited the site -- from what I can see, it's SP2.

So... are you saying I should or I should not update? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks Greekman, I've just visited the site -- from what I can see, it's SP2.

So... are you saying I should or I should not update? Dont Know

I did not.Final choice yours my friend. Wink