Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Editing the 737 CFG File

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I thought I was being smart and edited the 737's cfg file to allow it to carry more weight and more fuel so that I could cross the atlantic in it. No, its not as simple as that!!
I took off with little trouble but just as I was starting to climb I put it on AP to let it complete the climb. I looked away for a minute, when I looked back the aircraft was pitched up to about 70 degrees and it was stalling, oh and the passengers were screaming. Somehow I dont think they will be travelling with me again.
Needless to say, I have restored the original cfg file and I will make my transatlantic trip with a little stop in greenland to refuel.
I wont be doing that again 😂

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

haha, nice!

btw, about the weight thing I dunno, but if you want more fuel you can just set the fuel to unlimited

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Fspassengers doesnt like it when I do that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

😂 You could always use a different aircraft for that 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

😂 You could always use a different aircraft for that 😉

Maybe Doyley can't afford one yet 😳 ...remember FSPax? That's why I don't use it - you have to keep buying planes. I'm always broke. How can I keep buying planes? 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

One has to make a decison. Do you want to fly or do you want to be a business person. Start a company that doesn't use the economic model and fly what you want.

Modifying a 737 to fly the atlantic is like modifying a Volkswagon Beetle for formula One racing. Blink

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I picked the 737 as it was the easiest boeing to land and I was still learning.
I broke the default 747 while trying something with it but im getting that fixed now and im going to try and have a go with that.
I managed to fly from Liverpool to Moscow in the 737 but id really like to go transatlantic and I believe the 747 will allow me to do this. I am right arnt I? lol