Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

autopilot

JRM Guest

WHEN I PUT ON THE APRPOACH (APP) IN THE AP, THE PLANE GOES UP AND STALL... I CANīT CONTROL IT.. I DONīT KNOW WHY IT HAPPENS.. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME??!! WHEN I HAVE TO POWER THE APPROACH BUTTON FOR IT DOES NOT HAPPEN?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Check your speed of the aircraft - but other than that i dont really know as you may have to be a little more clear and p.s - can you not write in Caps Lock - thanks Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/8080/ils-approach-guide-tutorial/

Read that carefully. Critical points:

1) Make sure you have the GPS/NAV switch to NAV.
2) Make sure you don't engage it more than 10 nm from the runway
3) Make sure you have the frequency tuned to NAV1 and are hearing the morse code identifier before you engage AP.
4) Make sure you have the OBS set to the runway heading which can be found on the map
5) Make sure your speed is at or below 190 KIAS
6) Make sure you 'enter' the glideslope from below, at around 2500 AGL is optimum. (Make sure it is 2500 AGL not just 2500 feet because AGL takes into account airport elavation

If you don't understand any of the above, read the post again, read the thread again, go through the FS9 lessons and then come back and ask here Wink Lengthy but worth it Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

Do you have the altitude hold engaged? The time I ran into this, I had the altitude hold accidentally engaged at a higher altitude. The aircraft tries to climb to the set altitude but w/ power set low, the airspeed bleeds off and gets close to stall.

JRM Guest

WHY CANT I WRITE IN CAPS LOCK!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Ask CrashGordon Wink He'll give you a very simple answer.

Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Ask CrashGordon Wink He'll give you a very simple answer.

Laughing

ROFL ROFL ROFL Thumbs Up!

yEs iNdEeD... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Writting in caps is called SHOUTING
We dont shout at each other Wink