Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Missing files and where to find them?

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Running a check with Addit!Pro came up with quite a few files that I have apparently 'lost'. Does anybody know where they could be found? No idea if they were originally from 3rd party downloaded aircraft or were supplied on installation. How they went missing is beyond me, but presumably were deleted by Addit!Pro during removal of unwanted aircraft that I'd added. Some of the filenames are listed below - no point in listing ALL of them, I'd guess, or I might fill the entire page!

fx_strobeh.fx - fx_beaconb.fx - fx_vclighth.fx - dfd_gpws!Test - dfd_gpws!Inop - dfd_gpws!Fi - dfd_gpws!Below - gps!Gps - 737_compass.bmp - fx_strobe.fx - fx_beacon_atr.fx - fx_navredm.fx - fx_navgrem.fx - fx_navwhih.fx - Compass.bmp - Kagear.wav

Is that enough to be going-on with? LOL Believe me, there are plenty more. Oh well, maybe a re-install is indicated. Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They do look like files from aircraft, the only problem would be if they are from add-on's or default.
If they are default you can load the Sim over itself and it will reinstall the missing files.
If they are from add-on's then you'll notice it when you try to use certain craft.
As long as the Sim works leave it alone and wait for the problems to come up, take care of them as they do.

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

More-or-less what I was intending to do - for now. Doing a search through discarded addon-aircraft zips as I write to see if I can spot any, LOL. Good job I have time on my hands at the moment, though I'd rather be flying! I think I've invented a new hobby. You d/l addon aircraft, install them, find any new panels & sounds to go with them and install those too. You don't actually use the flight-sim, you just repeat the process over and over. Laughing

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

BTW. There's no option to "re-install" from setup. Have to uninstall then install again. Bummer

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right now my gauge folder has close to 2,000 gauges (including the separate folder within the folder) in it from all the aircraft I've loaded. My effects folder is huge also.
I don't want to lose them so I've burned both in the event that the sim fails and I have to reinstall.
My aircraft folder is too big to burn as it is even to a DVD, which I don't yet own.

me Arrow Blink But I enjoy it Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Key wrote:

BTW. There's no option to "re-install" from setup. Have to uninstall then install again. Bummer

Press down the shift key so "auto load" wont start. I loaded it over itself once.

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Ahh, right. Okkkk.... I'll try that. Thx!

Pro Member Trainee
Key Trainee

Ok. A 2hr search through the FS installation disks has restored a number of the fx files and one or two of the gauges. The major item I'm needing - used by a lot of aircraft - is gps!Gps. If you (anyone) has this somewhere in their system, I'd be very grateful if they's let me know either in here or on AIM if you see me there. (KeybdFlyer)
Now let's see if I can get an hour or so actually FLYING!
Catch you later!