Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

i knwo this convo has happened thousands of times....but i cant get my downloaded plane onto my flight sim, can someone explain it so a thick person can understand. thank you very much

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

yes i have and just like my plane it goes straight over my head. its comfusing.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Without knowing the specific file you are trying to install it's impossible to answer your question. Not all files install the same way. What file are you trying to install? Maybe someone here has it and can be of help to you.

Pro Member First Officer

ok i downloaded an aircraft from avsim and now i want to get it onto my flight game. but i cant do it, it confuses me i tried writing it onto CD but it said the CD was full. i dont understand

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Can you specify the aircraft my friend?Do you have the file name of it?Dont get confused with lot of things same time.The fact that you cant write it in a CD and the installation problems are different.

Pro Member First Officer

Filename: posky_airbus_a340-300_cathay_pacific_airways.zip
Source: AVSIM Online -- Virginia, USA via FTP

thts wot it says

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Avsim is a good site, that shouldn't be a problem.

What plane is it you downloaded and what is the file name.

The fact you are having trouble trying to save it on CD has nothing to do with installing it into the sim.

Pro Member First Officer

its a340 300 where would i find the file name?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

its a340 300 where would i find the file

name?

Filename: posky_airbus_a340-300_cathay_pacific_airways.zip

That should be the file name, but I didn't find it on Avsim.

I am wondering if that is a repaint and not the plane though, that may be your problem, I'm not sure.

Pro Member First Officer

i went onto file library

typed in cathay pacific

catrgory = FS9 origonal aircraft

searched

and there it was

posky_airbus_a340-300_cathay_pacific_airways-1.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

yes!!!!!!!!!! thats the one

can someone please explain how to get it on there. i would be go gr8ful and im not too good with computers so a lot of explanation would be good thank you very jkuch

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

i cant see the read me!!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer

i try to open it and it says 'file not found'

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download it again and this time disable your anti virus until it's downloaded then enable your anti virus again.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

well i remember reading about hwo im meant to put the panel files into the panel thing on C drive and so on. ive looked but they dont match up, there is sound files but no panel or model ones if u have a clue about what im saying he he.

is that any use?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

I found the file and downloaded it to see what it has to say.

Here is the install information in teh read me file.

************************************************************************ *******

Install:
Just unzip the file and send the Aircrafts folder to the FS2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER.

************************************************************************ *******

You have to unzip the downloaded file before you can read the read me file or install the aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OK. I just downloaded it and the read-me tells you to put the entire folder into the main aircraft folder and then it'll show up probably under Airbus in your menu.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

ok thanks i will try that. i will let you knwo in a couple of minutes

Pro Member First Officer

YES ITS ON THERE

BUT

on virtual cockpit mode the cockpit does not show up any of the panel, it is all black. any ideas?

thank you very very very very much for your time and effort!

Pro Member Captain
Taylor (Flyboy92) Captain

Okay after you d/l the file you come up with a folder correct? Now Right click on that folder and select COPY then go to where RM said and look for the folder file named AIRCRAFT right click on it and click on PASTE. Now it will transfer everything to the appropriate spot. Open up flight sim and there you go.

Hope that this has helped Very Happy
Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Taylor (Flyboy92) Captain

Whoops i didn't see the second page Embarassed Sorry

Flyboy92

Pro Member First Officer

does anyone know wnhy the virtual cabin isnt showing up?? it does have any of the instruments, there all blank

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

Open the zip file then open the folder named "POSKY Airbus A340-300 Cathay Pacifi Airways" Inside that folder is one named "readme" (readme.txt)

It is right there!

Pro Member First Officer

that was ages ago gordon. im onto my next problem now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have this problem with any other aircraft.
There is a problem with some of the later versions of the NVIDIA drivers that can cause that.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rickypig112 wrote:

does anyone know wnhy the virtual cabin isnt showing up?? it does have any of the instruments, there all blank

There are good news and bad news and you're confusing me.
Let's clear up the confusion first: I know the answer to your first question... but "it does have any of the instruments, there all blank" ...is very confusing. Now I don't know whether you've got the VC showing up or not.

I'll assume that you can't see the VC yet. Hit Alt, this will bring up your Menu bar on top. Click on Views/View Options. Now check the radio button in front of Virtual Cockpit. -- There it is, your VC.

Bad news - there are no gauges and I have no idea where they are. Posky have a special system: You have to download the Base Package Shocked .
Okay, try this with the A340-300 and you'll get a broken or dead link.
Others seem to have the same problem. This was: Posted Thu Nov 11 2004 15:15:02 UTC+1 and read 257 times:

Hi all,

Whenever I try to load the relevant Virtual Cockpit onto POSKY 757/A340 etc I just get a blank template with no gauges. I have added plenty of 2D panels with no problem but can't seem to master this.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards

SevenHeavy

see for yourself Arrow http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_hobby/read.main/58532/

I find the fact that nobody has answered this post disturbing. So what is everybody else doing... ditch the aircraft?? NO Exclamation
Ignore the VC and fly this beautiful aircraft as is, with the aliased B-747 panel or get a 340 panel. You can also get great sounding soundsets especially created for this aircraft. Yes

Pro Member First Officer

im sorry to be a pian but some aircraft are not showing up on the game. does anybody know why, or has anybody had the same problem. also how do i move around in cabin view to go further down the plane etc. thanks