SearchSearch 

Is this mail real?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Is anyone else getting email, supposedly from downloadable@flyawaysimulation.com ? These emails purport to be selling "FS2004 Martin Seamaster P6M-2 Only $2!"

Does anyone know if these emails are genuine? They appear to contain links to paypal, but then again, half of the junkmail I get has links to paypal. 🙄

11 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Same here Dont Know As Ive not had that email(and being a mod I get 100s from flyaway)

edit
OK not 100s but a fair few

Last edited by tomthetank on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

I didn't notice SamIntel's post. Unless someone has harvested our email addresses, I uspect it might be real. Only then, I would ask the question:

Why would anyone use junk mail when it could be placed on this web site? While it might reach those who haven't been interested in browsing here, it might also cause a lot of folks to adjust their spam filters to consign that email address to the lowest level of hell. Devil

Pro Member Trainee
Ville Jalonen (Ville) Trainee

Hello!

My first post to this forums.

I received also that e-mail but i'm quite sure that it isn't real. If you have looked other flight simulator sites you will find out this aircraft has been released few weeks ago as freeware. At least the picture and description is same than in "fly away simulation" e-mail.

Copied from flightsim.com

Name: seazip.zip Size: 1,464,560 Date: 02-16-2006 Downloads: 1264
FS2004 Martin Seamaster P6M-2. A swept wing, four jet, transonic flying boat--what a handful! Entirely new aircraft and effects made with FSDSv2. Plane and panel by Frank Elton, Pegasus Aviation Design.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome to Fly Away dear Ville 😉 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ville wrote:

Hello!

My first post to this forums.

I received also that e-mail but i'm quite sure that it isn't real. If you have looked other flight simulator sites you will find out this aircraft has been released few weeks ago as freeware. At least the picture and description is same than in "fly away simulation" e-mail.

Copied from flightsim.com

Name: seazip.zip Size: 1,464,560 Date: 02-16-2006 Downloads: 1264
FS2004 Martin Seamaster P6M-2. A swept wing, four jet, transonic flying boat--what a handful! Entirely new aircraft and effects made with FSDSv2. Plane and panel by Frank Elton, Pegasus Aviation Design.

First, welcome to Flyaway.

The fact that you got that email before your first post to these forums, tells me that either the mail is genuine, or that the site has been hacked and member information has been obtained by someone.

If the former, flyaway might want to explain why a plane available for free, is being sold for $2.00. If the latter, the membership should be notified and the site fixed.

By the way, this is part of the zip file and means that commercial use is not permitted.

THE ORIGINAL DESIGN AND SOURCE FILES FOR THIS AIRCRAFT ARE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF PEGASUS AVIATION DESIGN AND MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR USE BY THIRD PARTIES ONLY UPON WRITTEN (EMAIL) ENQUIRY (SEE EMAIL ADDRESS AT BOTTOM OF THIS NOTICE).

ALL CONTENTS OF THIS FILE ARE COPYRIGHT TO PEGASUS AVIATION DESIGN

NO PART OR ELEMENT OF THIS FILE IS AVAILABLE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE
INCLUDING PAY PER ACCESS WEBSITES. IN PARTICULAR, NO PART OR ELEMENT OF
THIS FILE IS TO BE UPLOADED TO COMPUSERVE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

IF UPLOADED TO FREEWARE SITES THIS FILE MUST ALWAYS BE COMPLETE WITH ALL PARTS/ELEMENTS AS ORIGINALLY UPLOADED BY PEGASUS AVIATION DESIGN AND CARRY FULL CREDIT FOR THE AUTHOR(S). ANY REPAINTING, REPACKAGING OR EDITING OF THE MODEL IS TOTALLY FORBIDDEN WITHOUT WRITTEN CONSENT BY PEGASUS AVIATION DESIGN.

YOU MAY USE THE FILE FOR YOUR OWN DOWNLOAD SITE ONLY ON THE ABOVE CONDITIONS
AND FULL CREDIT TO THE AUTHOR(S) OF THE FILES AS NAMED ABOVE, AND PEGASUS AVIATION
DESIGN

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMPLYING WITH THE CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS NOTICE

PEGASUS AVIATION DESIGN

Pro Member Trainee
Ville Jalonen (Ville) Trainee

Thanks for everyone of welcome messages. CrashGordon I have been a registered member for a long time (year or two) but I haven't just wrote anything to these forums before this day.

I mainly thinked that mail must be fake as I can't see any reason why anyone would ask for money of a product which can be downloaded legally for free.

Lets wait for a answer from flyaway. By the way i'm already coming quite addicted to this forum 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

I can see that. The number of times you posted has doubled. 😳 😂

Since I haven't seen a whole lot of people saying, "i got one of those emails", I have a hunch that they are either being snagged by anti-spam programs, or only a few such emails have been sent.

What makes mey think they might be real is the fact that I got one to the email address I used when I signed up and one to the one I changed it to later on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CrashGordon,

I got the same email late last night and straight away I deleted it with most of the emails I get from flyaway.

Also by looking over the quote from the read me the plane can't even be hosted on the FlyAway server

Can't the person who made the plane complain if he/she ever found out??

Pro Member Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

CrashGordon,

I got the same email late last night and straight away I deleted it with most of the emails I get from flyaway.

Also by looking over the quote from the read me the plane can't even be hosted on the FlyAway server

Can't the person who made the plane complain if he/she ever found out??

You are correct. It can't be hosted on a site that charges for access and can't be sold in any manner.

The person could sue for copyright infringement, but at the moment, it would be difficult to prevail in any meaningful way, in such a suit. The plaintiff would have to establish that he/she suffered damage.

So, when someone wants to charge $2.00 for an item that is being given away, what damage has occurred?

What I do want is the identity of anyone who paid 2 bucks for a free plane. You see, I have this bridge for sale. 😂