GPS

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

There are a few things on the GPS console im not sure of. Here is a screendump of an approach to EGCC. Ive labeled the things im not sure of A-H. Im sure you guys will be able to help 😀

Thanks guys 😀

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Doyley,

I will attempt this.
A. ETA to arrival @ EGCC
B. VSR I have the same question.
C. Not sure.
D. Omni directional
E. TCA
F. TCA
G. Controlled airspace
H. Weighpoint is P124R a landmark so to speak of where you are inconjunction with your destination.
You are 12.1 NM right of your destination EGCC you should be @ bering 201 unless you were told by ATC to move your course for traffic or whatever they order you to do.

I am curious how well I did. I know that there are some that know this stuff. We all don't know it all and I don't even know what I don't know yet.

Embarassed 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

A.Estimated time of arrival at destination(local time).

B. Vertical Speed required-vertical speed required to reach runway.

C. Track error- Difference between desired track and present track

D. Restricted Airspace

E. , F. , G. European Airspace boundaries

H. Navigational intersection (red dot)

🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

CRJCapt,

Show off...LOL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

😀 LoL

Pro Member First Officer

CRJCapt,

If VSR is at 0 in this GPS screen shot then this aircraft is flying level flight and no movement is needed for glideslope?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Yes. You are still far from destination. At the proper point, the VSR will begin to increase by 100's as you approach your destination, to show what descent rate is required to make airport. Only a rough estimate. That is if your on the GPS course. Does not react directly to climbs and descents, when far from destination.🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer

CRJCapt,

I will watch the GPS on my next flight. I never watched it before. Thanks for the tip.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Ahh cool, I was making a IFR flight so I didnt really need the GPS but I always have it open to see how im doing.

Cheers guys 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...