Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

a couple of questions to ask

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

hi all

1. ive downloaded aircraft from avsim and i place them straight into the aircraft folder, do i do the same with fly away or is that more complicated??

2. some of my avsim planes are not showing up when i load the game, any ideas on why not?

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

rickypig112,

Did you read the "readme text" on each aircraft that you tried to install? Are the payware or free? In general terms they aircraft that you install goes intot he Aircraft folder under for example C:/Microsoft Games/FS9/Aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

rickypig112,

how many topics have you started during the last few days asking basically the same question?
I've got the feeling you won't get the hang of downloading, installing and uninstalling/deleting add-ons unless you stay more focused.

Pro Member First Officer
rickypig112 First Officer

i wont bother asking any more then.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You can always ask. Exclamation
You never bothering anyone asking anything.The only rule is that, in order to get clear answers try to put clear questions my friend. Wink
Its something that all of us try to follow.Im sure that you understand it. Wink

Most of us had(and have) difficulties to install - uninstall add-ons but with practise and asking we learn at the end.
The more precise you are the better answers you will get. Wink
And never have the feeling that we dont want to help.

Friendly Smile

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere on how to do that but i can't find it right now.

Maybe someone else on here may be able to help locate it for you. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

rickypig112,

how many topics have you started during the last few days asking basically the same question?
I've got the feeling you won't get the hang of downloading, installing and uninstalling/deleting add-ons unless you stay more focused.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

The guy is only asking, obviously he's having problems and frustrated because his downloads are not installed/running correctly. Downloading and installing is easy, when you know how to do it, just like anything else.

rickypig112
Just to add what Greekman72 has said, if your unsure installing what files into where, make sure you back up your files first Wink that way, if you get it wrong, or they dont work, you can delete them and replace with the original file. There's nothing worse than installing add-ons, to find that for some reason it wont work/intall properly, and then when you try to delete it, you end up deleting half of FS9 Shocked

Take a look here ricky Wink
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

kianok wrote:

I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere on how to do that but i can't find it right now.

Maybe someone else on here may be able to help locate it for you. Wink

Fourby just notice it... Wink

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

ricky

Follow the link by fourby, if you are still struggling stick with this post and let us know whats not working for you. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

fourby wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

rickypig112,

Shocked Shocked Shocked

The guy is only asking, obviously he's having problems and frustrated because his downloads are not installed/running correctly. Downloading and installing is easy, when you know how to do it, just like anything else.

fourby if you feel that my criticism is unjustified I suggest you trace and read all of rickypig's recent requests that deal with installing aircraft before you criticise my response.

There is another way... instead of re-offering post1800 - which he already vehemently rejected, you could engage into a correspondence with rickypig --- ask him for filenames, ask him for URLs, download the files in question and then troubleshoot.
Oh no, that's not all - once you've done the best you can, post your findings and then realize that rickypig has taken his query to another forum... only this time with a different subject title and dealing with different files.
And then, fourby, you are welcome to start all over again.

Here, so you won't have to search too much, is a starting point for you

Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12540/heeeeeeeeeeeeelp/

Arrow https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/12578/help-me-please/ Wink

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Tailhook, Can you tell me what part of........ "The guy is only asking" states that your criticism is unjustified ???? or maybe Shocked Shocked Shocked means unjustified criticism ??? no, I dont think it does somehow. What it actually means is.......

Shocked Shocked Shocked

"The guy is only asking, obviously he's having problems and frustrated because his downloads are not installed/running correctly. Downloading and installing is easy, when you know how to do it, just like anything else".

I'd suggest you dont read into my post what it does'nt say Tailhook, because all my post does state, is that I was a little shocked at your response, no more, no less.

If rickypig112 posts/requests bother you that much Tailhook, then dont read them. I'm well aware of how many times rickypig112 has requested what he has on different forums, that is obviously his choice/method, not the end of the world is it !!!. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm not going to split hairs with you and I will not be drawn into an argument here. Rightly or wrongly I interpreted this Shocked Shocked Shocked as criticism.

I do have one question though... where are you folks who habitually only ever read the most recent post of a thread and therefore can't possibly have a clue what the whole thing is about... where are you bleeding hearts when the ones who seemingly need your ill-timed protection at the time the poor victim is actually asking for help Question
You are over at the Off Topic Forum, gossiping and trying to push your post count up for whatever inane reason. Notably your presence was missing all the way through the three topics concerned.

My pointing out to rickypig that he should stay more focused is helpful advice, anyone disputing this has no grasp on reality.

If rickypig112 posts/requests bother you that much Tailhook, then dont read them. I'm well aware of how many times rickypig112 has requested what he has on different forums, that is obviously his choice/method...

Unlike you, it seems, I read those posts/requests because I want to lend a helping hand. If you are so thrilled with rickypig's choice/method of requesting help and advice, then I don't understand why you are only too willing to wave your bleeding hearts flag but when it comes to helping the kid, you are conveniently absent.

Criticism or not, end of the world or not... comments such as the ones you contributed in this thread are not called for and unnecessary.

Read the first sentence again Yes

If you're really that interested in rickypig's installation dilemma, I suggest you send him a PM and offer your services instead of slandering my GOOD name! ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guys, let it rest. It's not worth fighting over. Hit with Chair

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger wilco! Cheers!