Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

New Website for Omega-Air Virtual Airlines

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I am happy to announce that the newest stage of our website has been completed. The Omega-Air community Center is open with forums and a screenshot gallery.

The general discussion area of the forum is open to non members, but to post, you do need to register. You can take a peek by using the Community link on our home page http://omega-air.org or go directly to the community center at
http://www.omega-air.org/community.

I welcome feedback on what your impression of it is. All are welcome to join our forum and there is no obligation to join our VA. But, for those of you who want to know more, there is a forum specifically to ask questions about Omega-Air, where our members can provide you with answers.

And if that isn't sufficient enticement, I uploaded a screenshot of the new Captain Sim 757. Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Can we post as guests? ROFL

Tomato Tomato Tomato Tomato Tomato

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Errr....ummm...have you seen my posts on the subject of anonymous posts? Razz Or was that a joke? Shocked

Seriously, though, all you need do is click on the join button on the community center page, enter the forum name you want to use and email address. Your password is automatically emailed to you. And if I recognize who you are, I may even remove the moderation requirement from your forum account. Smile

Power corrupts. Absolute power is a blast! Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You know I'm kidding with you Crash. Mr. Green
You should have the forum open for viewing unless you have a member only reason. Secret
Reading your forum might seem more inviting for potential members. Bow Down

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

The general forums, including the one for discussion about VAs will be viewable by all. Or, at least I think that is what I did. I've now been putting in at least 15 hours a day for the last week on this. So if it isn't acting like I think it is, let me know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know what kind of work that is.
No the forum isn't viewable unless you sign in. Click on it now as long as you don't sign in you will see.

Good luck with it, but most of all have a good time or it isn't worth it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oops, I jsut got on another computer and they are not viewable by non-registered folks. More work to do. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: All fixed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

General forum now viewable, others not.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

General forum now viewable, others not.

Radar

I have to ask the members their opinion on have "airline business" publicly available.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Do you own a VA Crash?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Poke in Eye

I confirmed that its worth the time to have a look there...Nice and modern enviroment with lot of options.Good Job. Exclamation Wink

RadarMan wrote:

Can we post as guests? ROFL

Tomato Tomato Tomato Tomato Tomato

Radar

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Thumbs Up!

Imagine that even the members has to fill an 125 pages contract in order to post there...

The first 10000 posts are checked before published.After these 10000posts you are free to post,and promoted to Trainee ...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

kidding of course. Exclamation Wink

Last edited by Greekman72 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Do you own a VA Crash?

I confirmed that its worth the time to have a look there...Nice and modern enviroment with lot of options.Good Job. Exclamation Wink

I've been working on it since 0530. It is now almost 2330. I think I am going to get some sleep.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Do you own a VA Crash?

I've been working on it since 0530. It is now almost 2330. I think I am going to get some sleep.

You probably lost the rest of my post cause i have to edit it and add something more...

But dont do it now...You need to sleep ,so i dont want to make you meet Miss Insomnia... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ha! Someone set off the fire alarm in my building, so I'm up working on it at 0230 Shocked

Of course, nothing I do at this hour is likely to work, but after wandering through the building with the fire department, I'm running on adrenaline so I can't get back to sleep Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Ha! Someone set off the fire alarm in my building, so I'm up working on it at 0230 Shocked

Of course, nothing I do at this hour is likely to work, but after wandering through the building with the fire department, I'm running on adrenaline so I can't get back to sleep Rolling Eyes

It was a guest who trying to post to your forums and figure out that you are asking for e-mail... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sleep Yawn Sleep Yawn

They better hope I don't catch them. If my there was a movie title to describe the way my day is going, it would be, Dawn of the Dead.

Sleep Yawn Sleep Yawn

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Congratulations on a great effort CrashGordon! Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks. I used to fly a number of hours per day. Now I'm lucky to fly 1/2 hour. Crying or Very sad It is a lot of work.

Once I get the automated Pirep system up and running and clean up some loose ends, I can relax a little bit.

Still, it is fun doing this. Most of the web sites I've been involved with have been just for getting boring information out there. This is to whacky to be boring. Laughing

Glad you paid a visit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Appreciate the cordiality, but haven't paid a visit - wouldn't know how to go on about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep since someone pulled the fire alarm in the building, last night. This may be why I'm confused, but if you didn't visit the site, I'm not sure what I was being congratulated for. Unsure

Well done CrashGordon Thumbs Up! the site looks great. I'm sure, and hope that all your hard work and effort will pay off. I like the logo at the top of the home page........."Flying where the need is greatest"

Pro Member First Officer
fourby First Officer

Ooops! forgot to login for the above Guest post Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep since someone pulled the fire alarm in the building, last night. This may be why I'm confused, but if you didn't visit the site, I'm not sure what I was being congratulated for. Unsure

You're being congratulated for the effort you've put in

...I've now been putting in at least 15 hours a day for the last week on this...

If that's out of line just say so... or ignore it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

You're being congratulated for the effort you've put in

...I've now been putting in at least 15 hours a day for the last week on this...

If that's out of line just say so... or ignore it.

Now, I understand. It certainly wasn't out of line. I just didn't connect the dots that you were referring to the 15 hours a day. Now that I've managed a full night's sleep, it is falling into place.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Well done CrashGordon Thumbs Up! the site looks great. I'm sure, and hope that all your hard work and effort will pay off. I like the logo at the top of the home page........."Flying where the need is greatest"

Fourby, thanks. Like the plane in your sig.