SearchSearch 

Someone is in deep trouble

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

I keep clicking on the MSFS9 shirtcut, and it keeps saying "insert disc 4" even though it is in my CD drive Evil or Very Mad

14 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

1.Check your CD for finger prints.
2.Try to put it in an alternative drive and run it from there.

or

Update to FS9.1 and download the No-CD crack from our site.

Come back if you still have problems.There are some other things you can try but these(i believe)are the basics to start troubleshooting.

Last edited by Greekman72 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Also try running another disk in your CD drive just to make your that your PC is recognising you CD rom Drive

Pro Member First Officer

It finally ran. And when it wouldnt. It would take 5 mins just to pop up the "insert disc" message from when I clicked the shortcut

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Consider the possibility that your CD drive lens may need cleaning, or worse, that it is giving up. Does it read other CD-ROMS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if downloading this will help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=EAE20F0F-C41C-44FE-84CE-1DF707D7A2E9

I would go with the crack as Greekman said.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

yeah go with the crack. Hell of a lot easier too and faster to run 😉

Pro Member First Officer

I downloaded that crack and now my laptop wot recognize my DVD rom Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you got the right Crack? There's one for fs9 and another one for fs9.1 Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Have you got the right Crack? There's one for fs9 and another one for fs9.1 Idea

👍 👍 👍 This is very important.

Excellent notice from Tailhook.

Pro Member First Officer

How am I supposed to update to 9.1 if I havnt already, if I cant open my cd drive and it wont read it........

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mustangfreak wrote:

How am I supposed to update to 9.1 if I havnt already, if I cant open my cd drive and it wont read it........

Forget about updating to 9.1 for the time being. It's not a priority if you're having problems with your CD drive.

If you can't open your CD drive... how do you expect it to read anything? What is the problem?

Pro Member First Officer

the problem is my pc wont read/recognize the dvd rom. when a CD is in it it acts as if nothing is in it.

I dont know how to uninstall safedisc, its not in the add or remove hardware list, or in my programs list. I did a system restore to a point where I didnt download it and its still acting up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Mustangfreak wrote:

the problem is my pc wont read/recognize the dvd rom. when a CD is in it it acts as if nothing is in it.

Let's try and concentrate on one thing at a time. The 'Autorun' feature for your CD drive can become corrupted. Run this utility - it should fix it.

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2R3OHC1493B8Q31XC5S2N4E4U0

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Let's try and concentrate on one thing at a time. The 'Autorun' feature for your CD drive can become corrupted. Run this utility - it should fix it.

This looks like a hardware fault not software. Sounds like your PC isn't picking up the CD drive during boot up.