Great British Design Quest

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

This is not a poll but a link to the BBC website. The top 3 and the poll are as follows

The Concorde
The Spitfire
The Underground Map

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/cultureshow/designquest/vote/

Which icon would you vote for? This is really hard as all 3 all icons in mind but I can choose between the Concorde or the Spitfire.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Has to be the ledgendary Spitfire for me! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

no surprise as to what I am voting for...

Spitfire all the way 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm a sucker for anything vintage and the Spitfire more than qualifies.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Concorde for me 😉 If only they could modernise it a bit and bring it back into service 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I went with the Spitfire, but it is too bad the K2 phone kiosk didn't make it to the top 10. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

They are all nice, but what would I know Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I have to agree that they are all nice and that they are different...''arts'' to compare and choose...
If i had to choose from these for a poster to my room i will choose underground Yes

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

I have to agree that they are all nice and that they are different...''arts'' to compare and choose...
If i had to choose from these for a poster to my room i will choose underground Yes

I'm with you on that one GM, if I could have a second choice it definitely would have been the underground map.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Hmmm, seeing that the Concorde was a joint project between the British and the French, I would have to count that one out as an icon,

Now what should I choose, Spitfire or the London Underground?

Well I can't say I have travelled in a Spitfire (in the real world) but I have been on the tube and had to "Mind the Gap"

Also, the terrorists who chose to blow it up last June must have seen it saw as a substancial British Icon (not that I am saying in anyway that it was a good thing to do) so if forgieners see it as a symbol of importance, so do I.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...