Falcon 4.0

Seriousdamage Guest

HI Everyone, I have been using FS 2004 for some time now and I have decided to give a try to Falcon 4.0 just for a change, but I don't have a manual and there't nice lessons like in FS 2004.

Does anyone know where I could find a good manual that explaines all controlls and how to do everything for a beginner?

Thanks a lot.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Falcon 4.0 Manuals.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

How is the game? I've been looking for a nice high quality flight combat sim.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force is an EXCELLENT combat sim. You won't be disappointed with the graphics, frame rates, or the realism!

WTF? This game came out in 99. Try LockOn if you want something a little more modern.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The original Falcon 4.0 came out in 1998 but the new version, Falcon 4.0:Allied Force, came out in June 2005. I've heard of people having trouble with Lock ON. They say that it requires a very high end system just to run acceptably. They report lots of bugs with the program. Lock On is $20 and Falcon in $30 at Walmart. There maybe something wrong with Lock On. I am still trying to determine which to buy. I'm leaning toward Falcon 4.0. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The only gripe I have about Falcon 4.0 is that the learning curve (when set to maximum realism) is ENORMOUS. There is very little by way of tutorial for the weapons systems. However, if you set the realism down just one notch, the world gets much easier. I'm sure also by now there are much better tutorials that will step you through everything.

You also only get trained in one aircraft. Lock On certainly has quite a few in its arsenal, but apparently the learning curve is just as bad, with a far more unstable (and system demanding) world. I run a fairly old computer, and I would never know the difference with Falcon 4.0.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

DON'T try lock on really crappy game. Falcon 4 kicks ass it is really realistic I know some real ailrine pilots who flyi ti cause it's so realistic get Falcon!!
Spitfires rule

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

i have falcon 4.0 and its a VERY VERY good game! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

I have both games. lockon is terriffic--but you have to have 2 gig ram and a good video card of 256 to run it--if you have that-it is a very very nice game--without the needed system-forget it

Falcon --I have falcon for a long tim--I recently added on all the addons I could find--it made for fun game-but compared to Lockon--the graphics blow

Lockon has an intense learning curve-there is a lot to be mastered-it is a beautiful game-WORTH buying-if your stsyem can handle it.

I would compare Falcon as the milsim version of say FS98, and Lockon as the milsim version of FS2004

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Falcon 4.0 is a fantastic game and I got on much better with it than i did Lock On

I played it with a friend in co-op mode on full realism and it was a blast..

I tell you - there is nothing like getting the 3.5 minute startup routine right and hearing those engines spring to life at the end of many many switch flicks and button clicks 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
TSK Trainee

I have the game but I find it impossible to shoot anything down. After hours of doing the tutorials, I still cannot shoot much down even on lowest difficulty.

If someone can provide links to some good tutorials that'd be great.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...