SearchSearch 

Landed

Pro Member Trainee
vickysokhi Trainee

Hi

Thnaks guys for helping me..I have finally Landed my aricrft on flight from sydney to manchester (Airbus A300-340)... I have managed to land but not on the runwat but slightly out of the runway but still with the help of u guys I manage to land after so many fail attemps... Can u pls advise me wher am I wrong why did I land slightly out of runway...Hope to improve more with your support

Cheers

Vik

5 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

vickysokhi,

Ok are you lined up with the runway?
Are you on glidescope?
Have you deployed the correct amount of flaps?
Did you disengage the A/P if you engaged it?
It is kind of scary trying to land one of the big one isn't it?
Did you disengage A/T?

There is alot of stuff to concentrate on to take off and land one of these.

I think that if you look at these questions it may give you the answers. There are alot of members here that know a lot more than I do.

I hope that it helps.
Wall Bashing Umm...

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

heres how i do it: i dont use any of the automatic landing stuff (too hard to programme Embarassed ) and i just lower the engines all the way down and do the flaps all the way as soon as i can see the runway 😉

Guest Guest

You shouldnt be lowering your throttle all the way down. Remember, in a small aircraft you can glide it onto the runway, but in a big jet, you need to fly it onto the runway.

You should be dropping your throttle just as you touchdown, or a sec before, while before touchdown you should be flying at your landing approach speed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

vickysokhi,

If you could provide some screenshots every 30 seconds of your panel on approach until landing, we could give you a detailed description of what might be going wrong, and how you can improve it. Even better, a video, but anything that lets us see whats going on when your landing will help us help you 😉

sounds like a crosswind to me. if you dont put your aircraft at a slight angle the wind will gradualy take you off the runway.