Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help me with crash effects

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i was looking in the effects folder in the fs2004 directory and they look really awesome. But how do i actually turn them on or add them to the programme? thx in advance for replying Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

but i can crash and it says "crash" but all it does is get half stuck into the ground and sometimes theres a dustcloud... i want sparks and flames! Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

brownbox wrote:

but i can crash and it says "crash" but all it does is get half stuck into the ground and sometimes theres a dustcloud... i want sparks and flames! Razz

I don't know about sparks, but I can certainly see flames

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

LOL i tried that one- have to pay for it to actually activate the effects and im a cheap-skate Blush Blush

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There are hidden crash effects within MSFS 2004. The only problem is that you have to alter the aircraft configuration file for each aircraft that you wish to have the effect. The good news is that it's easy to do and it's free. The effect is not as good as specialized crash software but it's free. Go the the website below and look at #5. Smile

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

cool i got it now Smile thanks for the help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

brownbox wrote:

LOL i tried that one- have to pay for it to actually activate the effects and im a cheap-skate Blush Blush

I think I just found a free one if you're still in the hunt. It's 'Freeware' - no restrictions, I read all the documentation. It comes with an .exe so you shouldn't have any problems installing it. Here it is:

Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/345/selectfx-4-crash-effects-generator/

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

cheers tailhook! Very Happy thanks for the great link. programme works great. THANKS! Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the encouragement brownbox, I might just install and play with it myself Juggle Cheers!