airport runway?

Pro Member Trainee
James (flightmech) Trainee

Hi all first time posting here. Just wondering if anyone knows of an airport with a water runway? thanks for the help ❓

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Welcome aboard!

I think this link will help, it's a start.
When your in your menu choosing an airport, go to the bottom left narrow window. In it is the runways with a drop down arrow. If you are at an airport with "water runways" they will be listed. Your home state is loaded with them.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5943/default-seaplane-bases-in-fs9/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks for the help Ill check into it.

Pro Member Trainee

thanks for the tip it worked ot great.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Go to KDWH David Wayne Hooks, Houston Texas. The runway doesn't look very defined but you can land on it. I've been to the actual airport. There was a flight school that did Sea plane ratings in a Aeronca champ on floats. I think it sank in the lake North of Houston, Lake Conroe. There are many more airports but you can start with Hooks. 🙂

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDWH

Pro Member Trainee

Cool I never seen an airport that they cut a water strip in like that befor

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...