Who think fsx will run on my computer

Saaby Guest

hey do you think that fsx will run on my computer.

INTEL P4 3.0ghz 512mb ram
80gb hard drive 256mb ATI RADEAN 9200 graphics card
Microsoft Windows Vista

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It should run on your system but I would get 512mb more RAM so that FSX will run more efficiently and smoothly. You will need 1 GB of RAM anyway if you decide to upgrade to Windows Vista. You will also need a DVD drive.🙂

http://fsinsider.com/articles/flight_simulator_x_faq.htm

Saaby Guest

i have 2 dvd drives in my pc and ill buy another 512mb ram to make it 1024mb

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Ummm,how do you have windows vista????It's not out yet!!!

Concorde Rules Guest

I very much doubt a 9200 will run it... it doesnt even support DX9.

1Gb min, and you dont have Vista 🙂

My thought is that one will have to upgrade to Vista to get the full benefits of fsx, as it contains directX 10. Or will directX 10 be available for xp? I don't know...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

My thought is that one will have to upgrade to Vista to get the full benefits of fsx, as it contains directX 10. Or will directX 10 be available for xp? I don't know...

Here are some thoughts and speculations we shared the other day ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/13303/vista-gamers-need-2gb-plus-of-memory/

Thanks Tailhook. I suppose I will go all the way and get Vista along with FSX (whichever comes out first), as I can't bear to play it at anything less than full potential. Its kind of bad timing though, as I would rather wait a few months on Vista for the bugs to be worked out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Will it run on my laptop:-

Intel Celeron M Processor 370
40GB Hard Drive
512mb RAM
Microsoft Windows XP

what's your vram?

Pro Member Chief Captain

128 MB Video RAM

I imagine it will run pretty decent, but without a lot of texture detail and draw distance. I know I ran FS 2004 on a much lesser laptop, but saw a big difference with a gig of ram and 256mb vram on my desktop.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok thanks for your answers 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

Will it run on my laptop:-

Intel Celeron M Processor 370
40GB Hard Drive
512mb RAM
Microsoft Windows XP

If it's FSX you're inquiring about Mike, I think you'll be struggling with only 512RAM Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, How would I upgrade my laptop to lets say 1Gb?

(Sorry, I am not too good with RAM and things like that)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There are RAM sticks avaliable for Lap-tops in the market.You must know the model of your Lap-top(obviously you know it)and search on their site or in a local computer store to advice you what you can use.In most of cases RAM sticks fOR Lap-tops are a little more expensive than the usual ones.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok Thanks GM! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

my GFX is Nvidia FX 5700 LE 256 MB, will it work fine with tht?
i have 1 gb of ram

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I had this GFX in past.Its a great but now its an old card.My personal opinion is that you have to upgrade it.
You are asking about what kind of GFX should you look for in the Harware Forum and i gave you some first advices.Of course we can discuss it more and lot of people has also useful infos to give you. 😉

Tcon1 Guest

This is the annoying part about the next flight sim release, a lot of people hunt round to buy it for the cheapest price they can and I don't blame them.
Then they have to spend a fortune on either upgrading their PC or even buying a new one, for those that buy new ones, how much has FS cost them? Evil or Very Mad
Some say I was planning on buying a new PC anyway, but we know that isn't true is it? 🙂

I am a member but it's not letting me post as one for some reason.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tcon1 wrote:

This is the annoying part about the next flight sim release, a lot of people hunt round to buy it for the cheapest price they can and I don't blame them.
Then they have to spend a fortune on either upgrading their PC or even buying a new one, for those that buy new ones, how much has FS cost them? Evil or Very Mad
Some say I was planning on buying a new PC anyway, but we know that isn't true is it? 🙂

The other side of the coin is how much has been spent on FS9 addons to get get to a level that is easily beaten by the default FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Tcon1 wrote:

The other side of the coin is how much has been spent on FS9 addons to get get to a level that is easily beaten by the default FSX?

Too true Yes Yes Yes

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Ive gotting running on my laptop and its pretty smooth as long as you dont take the mick with the sliders.

1GB RAM
2.60 GHZ Pentium Celeron
Crappy onboard graphics, 32 or 64 MB, cant remember which.

How about:

Pentium D 840 3.4 gHz
1 GB dual channel ram 667mHz
NVidia GeForce 6800 XT 300 mHz GPU 512 GDDR3 RAM
XP Home SP2
DX 9c

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

How about:

Pentium D 840 3.4 gHz
1 GB dual channel ram 667mHz
NVidia GeForce 6800 XT 300 mHz GPU 512 GDDR3 RAM
XP Home SP2
DX 9c

It should run quite well on that machine.
Defrag before you install.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...