FLIGHT ONE ATR 72-500

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Does anyone have the ATR 72-500 by Flight One installed while running FS9.1 -- meaning the updated / patched version of FS2004?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have. Whats up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I have. Whats up?

In the Modules folder I've exchanged the FSUIPC.dll v.3.411 with v.3.530.
The ATR 72-500 also installed : 1 .txt file (which can probably be discarded), 1 Registration Entry and 1 .ini file.

What should I do with those three files?

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's curious. I've none of them in my modules folder. What are the file names. I'll search for where they are located here.

Sorry it took a while to reply. FSBrowser won't work with IE7 and I was over the Mediterranean for a while.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

That's curious. I've none of them in my modules folder. What are the file names. I'll search for where they are located here.

Sorry it took a while to reply. FSBrowser won't work with IE7 and I was over the Mediterranean for a while.

That's okay, I had been to bed - just woke up and had breakfast.
Filenames:
FSUIPC.dll (that's the one I exchanged to v.3.530)
FSUIPC.txt
FSUIPC.ini
FSUIPC.key (that's the registration entry)

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm sorry. I misunderstood entirely. The FSUIPC files do belong in the modules directory. Of course, you can configure FSUIPC from the modules menu in FS9.1

I looked thru the FSUIPC docs and as far as I can tell, you can leave the files there. That's what I did when I upgraded FSUIPC. Just drop the new fsuipc.dll in place.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks, my concern was really with the FSUIPC.key (that's the registration entry) as I have no idea whether a change in the registry is required.

Pro Member Chief Captain

My understanding is that fsuipc.dll generates it and overwrites it if needed. I can say that just dropping the dll into modules never caused any problem here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

OK I'll try that. I might see if I can find the entry in the registry prior to my first flight with the new .dll and then compare whether there have been any changes after.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I suspect, but can not be positive that it actually contains data about what applications may access fsuipc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for your time, I'll do some digging.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...