Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Tower view

In tower view, I know you can move the tower icon on the map to make the camera closer etc. etc.

But when I take off from an airport and have the tower icon set at the airport i have just taken off from, as default, I watch the aircraft fly off and the tower view stays with it and doesn't sort of loose it as it goes off in the distance.

Like when you watch a real aircraft take off you wouldn't be able to see it 50 miles away! Thats what the tower view on FS2004 does!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

a tower in slovenia can see apparently see me take off from gloucester uk. the world IS flat!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I watch the aircraft fly off and the tower view stays with it and doesn't sort of loose it

Your zoom level is set to high in Tower view. Select View, View options, Tower view. Select zoom level to 1.00. This will give you a more realistic view as aircraft departs the airport. I see what you mean in that the tower view follows the aircraft when it's very far from the airport. I guess it's only designed to give you the correct view within the visual range of the tower, about 5 miles.Smile